There are newer employer reviews for Long & Foster

great place to work - great location

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Devon, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Devon, PA

I have been working at Long & Foster full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great benefits and people, very interesting business

Cons

slow market, could be busier

34 Other Employee Reviews for Long & Foster (View Most Recent)

Stability counts!

Current Employee - Realtor, SSC, Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Realtor, SSC, Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Long & Foster full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked in the original Virginia Beach office for 25 years. Excellent location and professional atmosphere! Looking for an office to transfer to or post your new license as a Reator? Come see me and I will give you the tour!

Cons

None! Absolutely no issues to speak of!

Underwhelmed

Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst II in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst II in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Long & Foster

Pros

The benefits package is actually pretty good. Starting out you get 17 days of combined sick and vacation time per year. Onsite gym. Fringe benefits if you need to buy or sell a house. Mostly good people to work with in the IT dept.

Cons

Salary in the IT dept is abysmal compared to similar positions elsewhere, on the order of 30% below market or more. The dept has gone through round after round of lay offs only to have senior managers remain with essentially no staff to manage. Why do we need two VPs, a director, three senior managers and a coupe of managers for less than 50 people?

No standards are enforced, only constant is that the CIO will not tell an agent that they can't have something. Outsourced help desk in Mexico and outsourced field engineers for break fix issues Development of internal apps is actually done in India, and departmental training is a joke.

Senior management, especially in the IT dept is in need of a wake up call. They need to offer truly competitive salaries if they want to modernize systems and retain any of their competent people instead of laying off competent staff while keeping incompetent managers and staffers around just because they have however many years with the dept. They also need to actively assist with professional development to retain people, rather than hoping the economy will keep people in place.

There are newer employer reviews for Long & Foster