Long & Foster

www.longandfoster.com
  www.longandfoster.com
There are newer employer reviews for Long & Foster

Poor management, this company has the potential to be so much better...disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Long & Foster full-time (less than an year)

Pros

PTO and relatively good pay

Cons

No training! I started expecting a formal training. I had no experience in insurance, but I had a bachelors degree. The management is uneducated so they think having a bachelors degree means you are smart enough to start a job and just know everything without training. They just throw out false gestures like, if you need you can come to me. Well with no training, you can assume I needed lots of help. So much that I could not find someone who was available to answer every question I had. If you have no training you will have more questions than you are able to remember.

They basically just gave me mountains of things to do and then complained when I could not get it all done in a "timely manner." I was provided with none of the basic things I needed to do my job. I didn't even know I needed it until my coworkers, not my boss, informed me I did. How does one ask for things they don't know they need?! They set me up for failure. Now months later they had a coworker come in to train me basic things I should have known months ago, because the boss of the other team decided to. Once again my direct boss did nothing. And the person that is her boss is the most unprofessional person in the world. I have never worked somewhere before that it is acceptable for you boss to curse people over the phone at his desk, and nothing happens to him.

They wonder why there is such a high turnover rate. It's not the employees, its the management that prevents anyone from doing their job successfully. The clients know L&F stinks as well because they never get called back. This is a terrible poorly organized company.

Hire some bosses that know what they are doing

36 Other Employee Reviews for Long & Foster (View Most Recent)

Long & Foster goes above and beyond to help their agents succeed.

Current Employee - Realtor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Realtor in Washington, DC

I have been working at Long & Foster full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have the most extensive training for new agents that I've seen, a great commission split plan, my manager is the most supportive and helpful person in the world, they have a fantastic reputation and are above board in all aspects.

Cons

I really don't have any cons to share!

We need to pick up our technology. The smaller firms should not be beating us out in their offerings of company wide listing presentations available on the iPad or things like professionally shot neighborhood video tours.

Great

Former Employee - Real Estate Agent in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Real Estate Agent in Washington, DC

I worked at Long & Foster full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good for people who want to be in sales.

Cons

Hard to start up as a new agent. Lots of fees.

There are newer employer reviews for Long & Foster