Long & Foster
www.longandfoster.com Chantilly, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Poor management, this company has the potential to be so much better...disappointing

Chantilly, VA

ProsPTO and relatively good pay

ConsNo training! I started expecting a formal training. I had no experience in insurance, but I had a bachelors degree. The management is uneducated so they think having a bachelors degree means you are smart enough to start a job and just know everything without training. They just throw out false gestures like, if you need you can come to me. Well with no training, you can assume I needed lots of help. So much that I could not find someone who was available to answer every question I had. If you have no training you will have more questions than you are able to remember.

They basically just gave me mountains of things to do and then complained when I could not get it all done in a "timely manner." I was provided with none of the basic things I needed to do my job. I didn't even know I needed it until my coworkers, not my boss, informed me I did. How does one ask for things they don't know they need?! They set me up for failure. Now months later they had a coworker come in to train me basic things I should have known months ago, because the boss of the other team decided to. Once again my direct boss did nothing. And the person that is her boss is the most unprofessional person in the world. I have never worked somewhere before that it is acceptable for you boss to curse people over the phone at his desk, and nothing happens to him.

They wonder why there is such a high turnover rate. It's not the employees, its the management that prevents anyone from doing their job successfully. The clients know L&F stinks as well because they never get called back. This is a terrible poorly organized company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some bosses that know what they are doing

Long & Foster goes above and beyond to help their agents succeed.

Realtor (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Long & Foster full-time for more than a year

Pros: They have the most extensive training for new agents that I've seen, a great commission split plan, my manager is… Cons: I really don't have any cons to share! Advice to Senior Management: We need to pick up our technology. The smaller firms should not be beating us out in their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great

Real Estate Agent (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

I worked at Long & Foster full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good for people who want to be in sales. Cons: Hard to start up as a new agent. Lots of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Long & Foster.

Worked for Long & Foster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Long & Foster reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Long & Foster CEO P. Wesley Foster Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Long & Foster employees.