Longs Drug
www.longs.com Walnut Creek, CA 5000+ Employees

Great company to work for - good pay, benefits and life

Senior Programmer (Former Employee)
Walnut Creek, CA

ProsLongs is a good place to work in. The work hours are regular, the pay is good and benefits decent. Employees also get a discount at the stores. The coworkers are also friendly - so it's a good work environment. There's not much overtime - so I was able to maintain a good work/life balance.

ConsThe technology used was not cutting edge. So I think my career did not advance too much in this regard. But there are good opportunities for promotions - so that overcomes this negative point.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when making decisions

i hope cvs will improve on what we have

Pharmacist (Current Employee)
    Merced, CA

I have been working at Longs Drug

Pros: decent pay - overtime available - extra work available- lots of stores to pickfrom-from hawaii to california-life insurance and disability available- insurance is costly but… Cons: outdated computer system-not real good communication with management-benefits are less than most-work overload-more help could be given for cleaning stores - my store… Advice to Senior Management: more labor equals better service equals more rx volume equals more money for the companyupdate… More

Working there beat me down, now I am rebuilding my pride.

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

I worked at Longs Drug

Pros: I was able to work hard to become part of the team and earn hours to become a Pharmacy Technician. In truth I was… Cons: My boss would put me down all of the time… Advice to Senior Management: Don't keep bad bosses around. Make sure your employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Longs Drug.

Worked for Longs Drug? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Longs Drug reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Longs Drug CEO Larry J. Merlo. All reviews posted anonymously by Longs Drug employees.