There are newer employer reviews for Longs Drug

Overall nice place to work

Former Employee - Department Manager in Walnut Creek, CA
Former Employee - Department Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Longs Drug full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good location, Good leadership, nice work life balance, employees were dedicated and cared about the company and their personal contribution. Would have stayed longer if company did not get taken over by CVS

Cons

Was not the most advanced in technology and systems. Investments in supply chain and inventory management were paying off - and move toward centralizing inventory assortment decisions were paying off - however, CVS takeover changed the direction.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Longs Drug (View Most Recent)

Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Supervisor in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Supervisor in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Longs Drug full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good management no other comments

Cons

One of the DM's was an idiot

none

I Miss Longs

Former Employee - Bookkeeper, Floor Manager in El Cajon, CA
    Former Employee - Bookkeeper, Floor Manager in El Cajon, CA

I worked at Longs Drug full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Longs was a family company, with close ties to the community, an extensive amount of goods & services, and treated both customers and employees fairly. The years I worked for Longs were perhaps the best in my younger years. I might never have left had CVS not taken over.

Cons

Once they were bought out by CVS it was all over. I left the company because CVS was essentially pushing people out. At Longs, I felt appreciated and respected and was left to complete my tasks without a manager breathing down my neck 24/7. At CVS, the constant monitoring was difficult to take.

CVS uses their sheer numbers to rely on continued business. Want to make your customers actually happy to be shopping there? Follow the business model of Longs. Close some of your 6,000 stores- there is no need to have two on the same street less than a mile from each other just because there is a Walgreens across the way. Stop bullying your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Longs Drug