Longwood Gardens

www.longwoodgardens.org

Limited advancement opportunities for gardeners

ProsIt's a beautiful place to work, I have incredible co-workers, and there are amazing horticulture displays. I think it's a great place to work if you're in upper management.

ConsAs a gardener, there is little opportunity for upward mobility, and surprisingly low pay. Many of the gardeners here have to work side jobs just to make ends meet. Considering that gardening here is very physically demanding, this can be very discouraging. Also, although the gardeners do an amazing job, they receive little recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementHorticultural displays are the main reason people visit, so the organization should value those who create them. I would like to see the gap between the gardeners and upper management lessened.

A great place to visit!

---------------- (Former Employee)

I worked at Longwood Gardens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Beautiful surroundings, fair pay and good benifits. Middle to lower management and workers of… Cons: Upper management not qualified and not in touch with the day to day to the point of creating dangerous situations (lack of engineering displines). Way… Advice to Senior Management: Get in touch with the physical part of the Gardens. Hire managers (departmant heads)… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Fantastic place to do an internship

IPM Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Longwood Gardens

Pros: I was there back in the 1990s so take that into consideration. The staff there are highly professional people who truly love what they… Cons: You aren't going to make any money here but the experience that you get… Advice to Senior Management: I think that the only thing to say is simply to keep up the good work. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Longwood Gardens.

Worked for Longwood Gardens? Contribute to the Community!