Loomis Fargo & Co.

www.loomis.com
  www.loomis.com
There are newer employer reviews for Loomis Fargo & Co.

CMS Teller not that great

Current Employee - CMS Teller in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - CMS Teller in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time

Pros

Not Many, not ran that great

Cons

no raises, hard vacation days, no respect, dealing with little training and people constantly upset when you dont know anything

Dont have just one person do the training because they dont know it all.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Loomis Fargo & Co. (View Most Recent)

Lots of overtime, good benefits.

Former Employee - Armed Guard in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Armed Guard in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, decent benefits,

Cons

Too much overtime, up to 70 hours a week.

Don't waste your time here. You're better off flipping burgers or cleaning port-o-potties

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Portland, OR

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

You do get to work with some people that share a lot of the same interests, which makes the job a little less miserable.

Cons

Oh my oh my where do I begin...

First and foremost, management. Management is probably the largest problem at this branch. I don't know what it's like at other branches but the management here is incomprehendably horrible! Every level of management, from the ATM manager, the route/scheduling manager, loss prevention manager, so on and so forth, all the way up to the GM, nobody has a clue whats going on. Anytime you ask for time off, be prepared to give a REALLY good explanation as to why you need time off. Even then he tries to make you feel bad for asking anything. And when they tell you "family comes first", they're just blowing smoke up your (you know what). They couldn't care less about the employee's family or feelings for that matter. Keep in mind all managers here have egos bigger than the world itself. The GM himself thinks all employees are lower than dirt and makes it well known. This company is VERY top heavy. Way too many managers and all of them don't know what's going on.
    Another big problem are their stupid PDAs. Half the managers don't know how to use them or fix them. And they're constantly breaking or not working. Our job revolves around these things and the fact that they buy unreliable equipment and don't maintain them makes the job miserable and frustrating. The trucks are constantly in need of work. The mechanics definition of a repair involves bailing wire and tape. Not exactly safe...
    Pay is not great either. For a job where (lets be honest here) the threat of being robbed or killed or both is constantly increasing, getting paid anywhere from 10.50 - 13.00 and hour, on top of the working conditions, do not really make this a very desirable job. Let me be clear, the job WAS actually fun and enjoyable BEFORE Loomis bought out the company I worked for before. Now they have turned the whole job into and aggravating chore.

This place is demoralizing and a complete joke (actually no one here finds it funny). They are constantly making new policies that have no real use in the real world, and sometimes put their own employees at more risk. They actually hinder our abilities to effectively do our jobs. If you love horrible work environments and bad management then this is the place for you!

Please just spend one week doing what we do on a daily basis. Maybe then you'll understand what we deal with and all the (to be completely honest) completely unnecessary policies and regulations out forth by people that have never actually done the job themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Loomis Fargo & Co.