Loomis Fargo & Co.

www.loomis.com
  www.loomis.com
There are newer employer reviews for Loomis Fargo & Co.

No Job Security

Current Employee - AST in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - AST in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent hourly coworkers and decent pay

Cons

low moral and no job security

63 Other Employee Reviews for Loomis Fargo & Co. (View Most Recent)

Long Hours, management does not care about you

Current Employee - ATM Tech in Normal, IL
    Current Employee - ATM Tech in Normal, IL

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

over time if you want it

Cons

bad hours
    management does not care about your personal life
    no free time
    too many hours
    no flex in your schedule
    terrible trucks that always breakdown

Don't treat lower management like crap, so in turn they don't treat their employees like crap.

My time at Loomis was the worst of my life

Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A good company to work for if you have a lot of time.

Cons

1.) Problems with the Boss. It is a major disconnect between hourly employees and management period. Loomis is the only company I have ever worked for that allows its managers to talk to people any type of way. Management has limited or no people skills at branch 3220 (Little Rock). Loomis also only takes harassment complaints seriously if its between two employees, not employees and management. My advice to people considering working at branch 3220 (Little Rock, AR) is “If you’re a yes man/women you will go a long way or have a long career at Loomis”. Some more helpful advice is to never question the ridiculous rules that “Corporate” comes up with or they will target you.
    2.) Bureaucracy and Unnecessary Rules. When it comes to Unnecessary Rules no company does it better than Loomis and the top branch for enforcing those “questionable” rules is again the Little Rock Branch. Loomis prides itself as being one of the oldest armored car companies in the world. I think its handbook was last updated when George Bush Sr. was the president (1989-1993). Also, rules apply to hourly employees and not management. A certain Supervisor/Manager breaks the first rule at least 3-5 times a day which is “Dishonesty”.
    3.) Underemployed/ See No Future If you have a college degree or any secondary education do not waste your time at Loomis unless you just want to be told what to do by some people who feel threaten by your education. They often shy away from people with college education because they do not feel as if you will stay with the company for longer than a year. There is no point in trying to put your all into Loomis because they will train a person how to do various things that are above your pay grade, but they will never pay you extra for doing extra work.
    4.) Feeling Underpaid I understand the country is in a recession, but Loomis is recession proof because they pay their employees as little as possible. Out of the last 4 years we have gotten a total of a 3.5% raise. That wouldn’t be so bad if the company treated you as if they appreciated. The Little Rock Branch feeds its overworked and underpaid employees at least 1 time a year. You better make it to the cookout before the insect do or you will be sorry.
    5.) Too Much Work/ Unrealistic Performance Expectations Loomis like all other companies have these things called performance evaluations. Well the truth behind those evaluations is they are personal opinions of your superior. I have heard more than 2 or 3 people having the same evaluation. I wonder if all the supervisors know how to evaluate anything at all. Like I mentioned earlier. Loomis is the ideal company for a “Yes man/women”.
    6.) Not Feeling Recognized This was the ultimate reason Loomis has a high turnover rate. I hear the company has done away with some of their pre-employment screening. So if you have ever been denied a chance to work for Loomis in the past now is the time to try it again. The Little Rock Branch (3220) has stopped doing lie detector test so that means you can lie if they ask if you do drugs, have a drinking problem, or if you have ever been arrested for a crime. So tell all the lies you can because it is no way for them know if you are telling a lie because they do not test for that at the Little Rock Branch (3220)
    7.) Negative Company Culture or Poor Ethics Loomis prides itself on People, Integrity, and Service. I think they should get a dictionary and define each of those words. Once they realize what the meaning of their favorite three words I’m sure they will change their motto. The motto should be Slavery, Fear, and J.O.B. (Just Over Broke)

That concludes my evaluation of the Loomis Branch located in Little Rock, AR. The best thing I have done in my life is leaving that place. If you are thinking about working at that branch I wouldn’t recommend staying longer than 18 months. That’s how long it took for me to realize what a mistake I made by staying with that branch in Little Rock, AR. Unless Loomis is willing to start your pay off at $14 bucks an hour and a guaranteed .25 cent increase every year, do not work for them. The Little Rock Branch starts you off at $11 bucks for Drivers/Guards with a .50cent increase when you become AST certified. If you get hired to work in the building they will start you off at $12 bucks an hour(Vault/Dispatch/Coin Department). Both seem like great starting pay but trust me after 5 years (if you can stay in the devils den for that long) your checks will look the same. It’s just too hard to take care of my family on that type of money. I hope this post helps a person out that is considering working for Loomis. ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!

Do better!

There are newer employer reviews for Loomis Fargo & Co.