There are newer employer reviews for Loomis

No life, no college, complete dead end. Only work here if you are comfortable earning too little to live a life

Current Employee - Driver/Guard in Milpitas, CA
Current Employee - Driver/Guard in Milpitas, CA

Pros

Its an easy job, you get to sit on your rear end all day. The people you work with are generally semi-professional, former military and law enforcement. Otherwise, no other pro's.

Cons

Forced overtime is constant, working late hours to finish a route. Constant heat from management for working too much overtime, when they cannot effectively communicate between each other to resolve customer issues and scheduling problems. Constant change in schedule makes any sort of college difficult, if not impossible. Thankless.

Advice to Management

Improve your communication between management, and reign in the routes. There has been much improvement over the years, but much still needs to be done. STOP PLACING THE BOTTOM LINE OVER YOUR EMPLOYEES SCHEDULES. Too much time away from family for too little pay. Never, ever should you tell an employee NOT to take their breaks. That is illegal.

Other Employee Reviews for Loomis

Just keep looking elsewhere...

Current Employee - Driver/Guard in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Driver/Guard in Portland, OR

Pros

You do get to work with some cool guy that share common interests. You also aren't stuck behind a desk like the brainless incompetent nimrods are back at the shop.

Cons

Oh my oh my where do I begin... First and foremost, management. Management is probably the largest problem at this branch. I don't know what it's like at other branches but the management here is incomprehendably horrible! Every level of management, from the ATM manager, the route/scheduling manager, loss prevention manager, so on and so forth, all the way up to the GM, nobody has a clue whats going on. Anytime you ask for time off, be prepared to give a REALLY good explanation as to why you need time off. Even then he tries to make you feel bad for asking anything. And when they tell you "family comes first", they're just blowing smoke up your (you know what). They couldn't care less about the employee's family or feelings for that matter. Keep in mind all managers here have egos bigger than the world itself. The GM himself thinks all employees are lower than dirt and makes it well known. This company is VERY top heavy. Way too many managers and all of them don't know what's going on. Another big problem are their stupid PDAs. Half the managers don't know how to use them or fix them. And they're constantly breaking or not working. Our job revolves around these things and the fact that they buy unreliable equipment and don't maintain them makes the job miserable and frustrating. The trucks are constantly in need of work. The mechanics definition of a repair involves bailing wire and tape. Not exactly safe... Pay is not great either. For a job where (lets be honest here) the threat of being robbed or killed or both is constantly increasing, getting paid anywhere from 10.50 - 13.00 and hour, on top of the working conditions, do not really make this a very desirable job. Let me be clear, the job WAS actually fun and enjoyable BEFORE Loomis bought out the company I worked for before. Now they have turned the whole job into and aggravating chore. This place is demoralizing and a complete joke (actually no one here finds it funny). They are constantly making new policies that have no real use in the real world, and sometimes put their own employees at more risk. They actually hinder our abilities to effectively do our jobs. If you love horrible work environments and bad management then this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

As others have said, spend just one week in the driver seat or hopping out of the back to really understand what we go through. If management did this they might understand the job a bit more and wouldn't establish dangerous and time consuming policies that hurt everyone involved. Employees just might actually come to work with a decent attitude if you treat them right too.

2. ok place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Pros

one of the pros is that I work m-f 9 to 5. weekend off and holyday paid. also they give you two weeks vac. right from the beging.

Cons

it takes a long time to move up with in the company and the health ins. sucks!!!