Loomis
www.loomis.us Houston, TX 16 to 50 Employees

Don't get your hopes up.

Armored Service Tech (Current Employee)

ProsI enjoy my coworkers. I have a safe working environment. My immediate supervisors are great. I have no issues with my schedule.

ConsThe pay is a joke. They put you through a lengthy hiring process to ensure you're uniquely qualified for the position, then offer you a starting pay that you could find as a janitor. Loomis also doesn't pay overtime for the AST position (working on the trucks.) They can work you up to 70 hours a week and not pay you a single dime of overtime pay. The insurance is expensive and doesn't provide much coverage. You're forced to work the day before and the day after a holiday, so you can forget traveling to see any long distance family for the holidays. That includes EVERY nationally recognized holiday. There is literally no chance of promotion. And you can forget a decent raise. In the same meeting they tell you they made 3.5 million in profit last year, they'll tell you you're getting a 1% raise. ONE PERCENT. In a nutshell, unless you're truly desperate for a job, don't get your hopes up that this is the place to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration that your lower level employees are the ones who keep this company running. The pay should reflect the work, and for those of us out there in the run down parts of town carrying large amounts of money for YOU, we should be adequately compensated. And how about a decent raise? Longevity bonuses? Something more around Christmas than a Walmart gift card and a sandwich meat tray in the briefing room? Get with the program.

Supervisor is a dictator!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Loomis

Pros: Great entry level job for many people that is coming… Cons: Do something wrong... Your fired. Lead don't like you...your fired. Management don't like you... Your fired. To much… Advice to Senior Management: Need to check on your supervisors. More

There's no incentive to work here! ... $12 driver and tech $13. the company says to do stuffs and later against you.

ATM Technician (Current Employee)
    Newark, NJ

I have been working at Loomis full-time for less than a year

Pros: a lot of overtime... 50 to 60 hrs a week. Cons: Treat of employees, in between co-workers(they hate each other) Advice to Senior Management: Fix the company, stop being dirty with the employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Loomis.

Worked for Loomis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Loomis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Loomis CEO Jarl Dahlfors. All reviews posted anonymously by Loomis employees.