Los Angeles County Department of Public Health

publichealth.lacounty.gov
  publichealth.lacounty.gov
There are newer employer reviews for Los Angeles County Department of Public Health

Can be very rewarding but will also face typical government work politics and attitudes

Current Employee - Epidemiologist in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Epidemiologist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Los Angeles County Department of Public Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

When I'm collaborating with colleagues and agencies and connecting with the public and medical providers in a manner that effectively provides education and to protect the public in a timely manner, in other words to accomplish our mission of minimizing and controlling infectious disease, it is really rewarding!

Cons

People won't or can't step up to work outside of their official duties. The atmosphere is thick with an attitude of this is how it's been done so we're not going to do anything differently. It can feel stagnant and demoralizing.

I'd like management to be more positive, inclusive, and creative.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (View Most Recent)

Intern at Department

Former Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Los Angeles County Department of Public Health as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, good learning experience (grant funded)

Cons

No parking space, unnecessary employment training for summer interns

A job that provides a decent salary, good benefits, good savings plan, and lots of variety. Love it!

Former Employee - Contract Program Auditor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Contract Program Auditor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Los Angeles County Department of Public Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

BENEFITS! This company has the best benefits around. Also, the Department of Public Health works on cutting edge public health issues in Los Angeles County. They are really helping to make the county residents healthier now and in the long run.

Cons

It can get boring if you do not know how to spice it up. Some people who have been there forever may seem as though change might kill them.

change can be very good. Listening to new employees and providing a place where they can contribute to the decision making processes can be quite beneficial for the entire county.