There are newer employer reviews for Los Angeles

I was an I.T. intern there

Former Employee - I T Intern in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - I T Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Los Angeles part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of your coworkers will be awesome and helpful. They give you more jobs than just data entry. They were very flexible on what days I came in.

Cons

Some of the managers are incredibly distracted and do not like to work. One of them actually checked his stocks all day and chatted with his family from home.

55 Other Employee Reviews for Los Angeles (View Most Recent)

Engineer

Current Employee - Environmental Engineering Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Environmental Engineering Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Los Angeles full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Downtown LA. Decent pay and benefits, but each year entails more cutbacks.

Cons

Too many outside consultants, a waste of money; work could be done in house. Waiting for an opening in the DWP. Furloughs and no pay raise in years with rising outside costs = pay cut. Riordan pension plan would be a disaster for the City and its workers.

Cultivate leaders early in their career. Cut out expensive consultants.

at times, everything you could ask for; most of the time, deploring due to poor supervisors and management policies.

Current Employee - Environmental Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Environmental Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Los Angeles full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

a few managers are still with the City; you might get to work with the various consultants, who are typically very good.

Cons

extremely poor policies regarding use of OT to get the work out; the typical supervisor has very little if any clue on how to supervise; the City's standards for supervising may be good and written, but managers and higher-level supervisors typically do not use them; poor capabilities by the Mayor and City Administrative Officer translate to poor morale and significantly reduce effectiveness at all levels - only when they have to get out of the way, or when they want something done so the Mayor can get a photo op, is something accomplished in a timely manner

Get With The Program! Enable staff to perform at a higher level by providing training, adequate computers and software, and enough OT to get the job done in a timely manner; and get some decent supervisors!!

There are newer employer reviews for Los Angeles