Los Angeles USD
www.lausd.net Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Okay but it could be better. Love what I do just not the politics!

Teacher (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsDecent benefits for now, nice students, great colleagues that care about kids.

ConsToo much standardized testing. The district is not overly organized. One department doesn"t seem to know what others are doing, so you end up spending a lot of time getting kids ready for test rather than being able to teach a full curriculum.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who work at the school sites instead of all the paid consultants who spend little or no time in the classroom. Some of them are too far away from the classroom to fully understand the day to day realities experiences by students and the school site personnel.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Have you ever seen the movie "Brazil? It's based on LAUSD.

Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Los Angeles USD full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Not working for a corporation, doing a social good, some… Cons: Massive institution that sometimes doesn't know what the other hand is doing. Lots of paperwork. Mostly good people but… Advice to Senior Management: Get your act together. Streamline. Come up with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

turbulent and unpredictable, but most of all, disappointing.

Substitute Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Los Angeles USD part-time for more than a year

Pros: large number of potential work sites. Cons: teaching credentials required for positions that should require business credentials. Advice to Senior Management: expand perception that business professionals also need to have education credentials to satisfy business positions with the district. we should… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Los Angeles USD.

Worked for Los Angeles USD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Los Angeles USD reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Los Angeles USD CEO John Deasy. All reviews posted anonymously by Los Angeles USD employees.