Los Angeles USD

www.lausd.net
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Los Angeles USD

Not bad but there's always room for improvement.

Current Employee - Student Support Services in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Student Support Services in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Los Angeles USD

Pros

Students who make progress and return to tell you about it. Benefits are decent, and some schools are a pleasure to work with because the staff works as a team and collaborates daily to get the job done. Trainings are available, and seeking a higher education is rewarded...somewhat.

Cons

Pay rate is not competitive. Some schools have an unfriendly culture. Some of the buildings need maintenance and better lighting for safety purposes. There is no system to recognize people for a job well done, it's up to each school's administration; some are good at it, others could use a friendly reminder.

Staff morale is affected by how comments are made, not just what is being said. Tactful comments are more likely to produce the desired results.

196 Other Employee Reviews for Los Angeles USD (View Most Recent)

My opinion about being a teacher in LAUSD

Current Employee - Teacher in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Los Angeles USD

Pros

Used to be a great place to teach that cared about employees and children in my opinion
    The union is becoming powerless in my opinion

Cons

My opinion:
    Teachers are scapegoats, are given little respect for their expertise, wishes are ignored.
    Parents have no accountability for their children.
    Parents come on school campus at will, roam from class to class, teachers trying to teach their classes continually have to put on a show for parents and numerous daily visitors from administrators and their personal friends.
    Administrators show favoritism to a select few employees, "spies"
    Supplies are very limited and much needs to be purchased by the individual teachers with no reimbursement whatsoever.
    Raises are completely unheard of, as the district does not value employees.
    Prepare to have no home life as you will work 7 days a week, evenings and weekends. (for free)

Let the teachers teach
    Show some appreciation once in a while
    I have no other advice for managment that can be printed here.

LAUSD - A nice place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Los Angeles USD

Pros

LAUSD has the right mix of job for everyone. The working environment is good and there is a variety of people making everyone feel at home.

Cons

Not much except for the fact some people lack the proper knowledge and desire to complete the job efficiently. The cafeteria needs some improvement too.

There are lot of positions where consultants are recruited. This neither benefits LAUSD nor the individual consultants. The middle tier consulting companies benefit. Most of the positions should be made direct hire

There are newer employer reviews for Los Angeles USD