Los Angeles USD
www.lausd.net Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Not bad but there's always room for improvement.

Student Support Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at Los Angeles USD

ProsStudents who make progress and return to tell you about it. Benefits are decent, and some schools are a pleasure to work with because the staff works as a team and collaborates daily to get the job done. Trainings are available, and seeking a higher education is rewarded...somewhat.

ConsPay rate is not competitive. Some schools have an unfriendly culture. Some of the buildings need maintenance and better lighting for safety purposes. There is no system to recognize people for a job well done, it's up to each school's administration; some are good at it, others could use a friendly reminder.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff morale is affected by how comments are made, not just what is being said. Tactful comments are more likely to produce the desired results.

My opinion about being a teacher in LAUSD

Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Los Angeles USD

Pros: Used to be a great place to teach that cared about employees… Cons: My opinion: Teachers are scapegoats, are given little respect for their expertise, wishes are ignored. Parents have no accountability for their children. Parents come on school campus at… Advice to Senior Management: Let the teachers teach Show some appreciation once in a while I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Some of the best teachers around - if only the district would actually support them!

Teacher (Former Employee)

I worked at Los Angeles USD

Pros: Good salary and compensation, compared to other districts. Excellent teachers (yep!) who genuinely care for students, hold high expectations, and work… Cons: District mismanagement that has dragged on for decades. Lemon teachers who should have retired in the '80s. Budget cuts and other inane initiatives. Administrators who… Advice to Senior Management: Forget about charter schools. Split the superintendent duties. Find relevant ways to recoup lost - and "lost" - monies to save teacher jobs.… More

There are newer reviews on Los Angeles USD.

Worked for Los Angeles USD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Los Angeles USD reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Los Angeles USD CEO John Deasy. All reviews posted anonymously by Los Angeles USD employees.