Los Angeles USD

www.lausd.net

Good Ol' Girls Club... Extremely Political

Elementary School Teacher (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsBecoming a teacher trains you to do many things: Manage people, organize time, assess performance, communicate goals, motivate people who don' want to be. Obviously, a good place to go if you are seeking stability.

ConsIncreasingly more difficult to design your own way. They tell you what you need to do, how you need to do it, when you must accomplish it, and what the results need to be. Let me use my own creativity to accomplish the goals. Allow me to use the ideas and skilIs I learned while getting my credential as opposed to force feeding me your way, with your materials that often don't suit the population I'm teaching.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the self-absorbed, incompetent principals the same way you target ineffective teachers. Too many relish the opportunity to make the work lives of others difficult. Too many make a show of their power because they can. Not enough take the view point that they are there to serve the teachers so that the teachers can better serve the students.

Needs to review policy on how people are promoted.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Los Angeles USD

Pros: Time off for vacation. The children are wonderful. Cons: Below standard in salaries and hiring. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

just ok

Teacher (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Los Angeles USD

Pros: convenient to my home and close to public transportation. Cons: bureaucratic and autocratic...they need to become less top heavy and… Advice to Senior Management: make the district smaller...it's just too big More
There are newer reviews on Los Angeles USD.

Worked for Los Angeles USD? Contribute to the Community!