Los Rios Community College District
www.losrios.edu Sacramento, CA

Excellent, Stable Employer

Director (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA

ProsFinancially stable and fiscally conservative educational system, large system that allows for many career types beyond teaching (i.e., IT, trades, administrative)
Excellent benefits, retirement (PERS or STRS)
Great people work there

ConsSometimes when hiring or promoting, the focus is too much on earned degrees versus actual work experience.
With the retirement of Chancell Brice Harris, the District has lost an exemplary leader who reached out beyond academic circles to business and community leaders.
Califiornia state budget problems can be a challenge for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts ok to promote from within due to the employee's character, knowledge, skills set, even if they don't have the desired degree.

Good place to work.

Lab Tech (Current Employee)

I have been working at Los Rios Community College District

Pros: Good people to work around who truly care about you. Cons: Due to our current state budget jobs are scarce so… Advice to Senior Management: The managment at Los Rios many times does not support… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The place has potential but is unwilling to change over to being a "real" police department.

Police Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Los Rios Community College District

Pros: 1. Decent medical, dental, vision and free $50,000 life insurance. 2. Low volume of calls for service. 3. Likelihood of being killed at work is more slim… Cons: 1. Department is still viewed by the district as being a security force. 2. Pay and retirement are not in line with other educational law enforcement… Advice to Senior Management: Let us do our jobs, respect us, make our pay equitable to other professional trades within the district and have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Los Rios Community College District.

Worked for Los Rios Community College District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Los Rios Community College District reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Los Rios Community College District CEO Jon Sharpe. All reviews posted anonymously by Los Rios Community College District employees.