Loudoun County Public Schools

www.loudoun.k12.va.us
  www.loudoun.k12.va.us
There are newer employer reviews for Loudoun County Public Schools

It was a good experience for a teacher

Former Employee - Teacher in Ashburn, VA
Former Employee - Teacher in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Loudoun County Public Schools full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The administration at my school was very respectful of the teachers. They encouraged teachers to take an active role in the community. They were supportive in dealing with students and parents.

Cons

Teaching never pays as much as it should, considering the long hours teachers put in.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Loudoun County Public Schools (View Most Recent)

LCPS is a great school district!

Former Employee - Former Teacher in Leesburg, VA
    Former Employee - Former Teacher in Leesburg, VA

I worked at Loudoun County Public Schools

Pros

I worked at 4 different schools during my time in Loudoun County and never had an issue with administration. I always felt valued and respected. Teachers work together for the benefit of their students.

Cons

It's huge! Sometimes there were huge, county-wide meetings that should have been separated into smaller meetings that would have been more relevant.

Principals and other admin did a good job managing employees, working with teachers, and promoting the goals of the school.

Teacher

I have been working at Loudoun County Public Schools

Pros

Once you are hired, benefits and job stability in today's difficult job market makes it a very desirable job opportunity.

Cons

The first three years you are assigned to a school, which may not necessarily be the one you are interested in or have requested. Although the school dsitrict tries to match you with a school in your area, sometimes you are assigned to a school that may add to your daily commute. You may not transfer until you have completed three years at that specific school.

There is a huge disparity with the way each individual school operates, from assigning a heavier work load for teachers, to how the school administration treats its faculty. Some schools treat teachers with respect , value their efforts, and let them know. Other schools' administration dwell on what's wrong, and do not treat faculty with respect and professionalism.

There are newer employer reviews for Loudoun County Public Schools