Louis Berger
www.louisberger.com Morristown, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

No Systems In Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsI had a "private" office, but it was more like a jail cell - tiny space, high up window with a nice view of the fluorescent lights in the hallway. And this is a pro...read on.

ConsTotal disarray: Just as I hired on, the top execs ran off with millions of dollars in federal funds. Although LB avoided being totally blacklisted by the federal government, clients and potential clients ran for the doors. I found very few who were willing to take a risk, with the Black Death hanging over us.

Cutthroat environment: At one point when I was preparing a proposal, I found that another part of the organization was actively working to discredit and undermine my activity because it "might" interfere with their work (which was soon thereafter halted by a lawsuit - haha).

No organization: The employees have a saying: 5,000 employees, 5,000 companies. You are totally alone, with no support of any kind. Don't rely on your chain of command. If YOU can't make it happen, it won't happen. The one exception: the folks that made my proposals look nice (from a remote location) were great.

No organization, redux: My boss was 200 miles away. I could never get him on the phone and he didn't respond to email. IF he showed up at my location, it was for some Big Meeting and he rarely had more than 3 minutes to spend with me. His boss was 1500 miles away. Same deal.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of your self-serving, Big Smile, be-brave-and-carry-on is a total joke. No one, inside or out, believes any of it.

Zero stars

Civil Engineer (Current Employee)
    Northeast, NY

I have been working at Louis Berger full-time

Pros: The best thing I can say about Berger is that they kept me… Cons: Where do I begin?... It's real easy to blast an employer so let me list some specifics. This is a company that cares very little… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management says all the right things but it's hard to trust Berger execs. The company badly… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worst Company to work for

Manager (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

I worked at Louis Berger full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good central location. Nice restaurants nearby! Cons: Unethical and Rude executives, no upward movements! Low Pay. Sr Management treat employees like slaves, wants them to work 7am to… Advice to Senior Management: Pay better, treat people as equals. Improve employee morals. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Louis Berger.

Worked for Louis Berger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Louis Berger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Louis Berger CEO Larry D. Walker. All reviews posted anonymously by Louis Berger employees.