Love's Country Stores
www.loves.com Oklahoma City, OK 5000+ Employees

Worth it for a new grad or someone looking to get experience, avoid otherwise

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

ProsBonus and profit sharing programs are awesome. Great healthcare plans. Never a dull moment and very fast paced.

ConsAntiquated ordering and inventory systems. Still doing cost based accounting, which went out of fashion back in the 80's. IT department is hamstrung by the rest of the company. Ancient, ineffective computer systems (still on XP). Revolving door for employees under you. Oh, and if they call in, the marketing manager has to cover the shift because of the no overtime mantra. Most of the time as a marketing manager you may not get to do any marketing, but you sure will gain experience cleaning showers, toilets and running a register. And the micromanagement gets worse by the minute.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the values you espouse. Coach, teach and train marketing managers, don't threaten us. Quit the micromanagement. We don't need the same email sent to us 15 times, we saw it the first time. Let IT be free to innovate to help us at store level. And for goodness sake, get off of cost accounting.

Decent if other opportunities are lacking

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Fargo, ND

I have been working at Love's Country Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros: Employees are fun, always something to do....keeps you busy. Pay is decent, not the best and not… Cons: District Managers are very disconnected to managers outside of the GM, some District… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the out dated abusive management style and threatening approach. If you coach and show appreciation you will gain loyalty.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Hectic, but loved the experience, customers and most of all the employees!

General Manager (Former Employee)
    Ozark, AR

I worked at Love's Country Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great Pay, Insurance, and Advancement opportunities! Cons: Difficulty in finding great help. Some people just want a paycheck, not a job. The biggest thing i would… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Love's Country Stores.

Worked for Love's Country Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Love's Country Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Love's Country Stores CEO Tom Love. All reviews posted anonymously by Love's Country Stores employees.