Love's Country Stores

www.loves.com
  www.loves.com
There are newer employer reviews for Love's Country Stores

Worth it for a new grad or someone looking to get experience, avoid otherwise

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Love's Country Stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bonus and profit sharing programs are awesome. Great healthcare plans. Never a dull moment and very fast paced.

Cons

Antiquated ordering and inventory systems. Still doing cost based accounting, which went out of fashion back in the 80's. IT department is hamstrung by the rest of the company. Ancient, ineffective computer systems (still on XP). Revolving door for employees under you. Oh, and if they call in, the marketing manager has to cover the shift because of the no overtime mantra. Most of the time as a marketing manager you may not get to do any marketing, but you sure will gain experience cleaning showers, toilets and running a register. And the micromanagement gets worse by the minute.

Live the values you espouse. Coach, teach and train marketing managers, don't threaten us. Quit the micromanagement. We don't need the same email sent to us 15 times, we saw it the first time. Let IT be free to innovate to help us at store level. And for goodness sake, get off of cost accounting.

85 Other Employee Reviews for Love's Country Stores (View Most Recent)

Great company... HARD WORK!!!

Current Employee - Tire Manager
    Current Employee - Tire Manager

I have been working at Love's Country Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Profit sharing, keeps you busy and on your toes. Upper management is friendly.

Cons

More employees are needed. Either pay mangers a lot more or get more help. Turnover will be on the rise as we have already seen in the past year. 65-75 hrs/ week is too much for a shop manager. They are making less than techs (hourly) in some cases. This is not undertrained employees. It is understaffed shops.

Decent if other opportunities are lacking

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Love's Country Stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees are fun, always something to do....keeps you busy. Pay is decent, not the best and not the worst. Our location has a good GM that leads the team, so the environment is pleasant.

Cons

District Managers are very disconnected to managers outside of the GM, some District Managers can be very abusive towards Market Managers and Restaurant Managers, very unapproachable.

Get rid of the out dated abusive management style and threatening approach. If you coach and show appreciation you will gain loyalty. Take time to speak with the entire team, you will learn much more about how the business runs when you are away.

There are newer employer reviews for Love's Country Stores