There are newer employer reviews for Love's Country Stores

Confined, gatekept, marginalized -- OKC HQ

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Love's Country Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

Compensation is higher than average for the market

Cons

I voluntarily left -- I thought this job represented a dynamic long term career opportunity and was completely dis-enchanted.

Overbearing management -- gatekeeping, silo'd communcation, turf battles impede productivity.

Individual managers focus efforts on controlling communciation and acting as exclusive subject matter experts -- managers clearly DO NOT understand their role to empower and leverage the expertise of their staff.

Benefits offerings out of date. I.E. -- probationary periods on 401K participation, etc. This is not the kind of benefit package one expects when working for an employer of this national scope

Priority 1 -- undertake a cultural shift RIGHT NOW -- fix the friction between "field" and "corporate" departments/functions. Establish a true matrix organization where communicaitons are ENCOURAGED across the hierarchy and across business functions.

Provide clear unifying communication all the way down to line-level employees.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Love's Country Stores (View Most Recent)

Middle level management poor

Former Employee - Coordinator Field Human Resources  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Coordinator Field Human Resources in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Love's Country Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

Founding leadership had rock solid principles.

Cons

Middle management seems anti-intellectual and unfamiliar with best practices of basic management philosophy.

Founding leadership should roll out dead wood and bring on the best and brightest to fill critical and key positions.

Worth it for a new grad or someone looking to get experience, avoid otherwise

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Love's Country Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bonus and profit sharing programs are awesome. Great healthcare plans. Never a dull moment and very fast paced.

Cons

Antiquated ordering and inventory systems. Still doing cost based accounting, which went out of fashion back in the 80's. IT department is hamstrung by the rest of the company. Ancient, ineffective computer systems (still on XP). Revolving door for employees under you. Oh, and if they call in, the marketing manager has to cover the shift because of the no overtime mantra. Most of the time as a marketing manager you may not get to do any marketing, but you sure will gain experience cleaning showers, toilets and running a register. And the micromanagement gets worse by the minute.

Live the values you espouse. Coach, teach and train marketing managers, don't threaten us. Quit the micromanagement. We don't need the same email sent to us 15 times, we saw it the first time. Let IT be free to innovate to help us at store level. And for goodness sake, get off of cost accounting.

There are newer employer reviews for Love's Country Stores

Worked for Love's Country Stores? Contribute to the Community!