Love's Country Stores

There are newer employer reviews for Love's Country Stores

Definitely a boys club.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Love's Country Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment. Excellent benefits. I work with a lot of wonderful people, both my coworkers and the customers.

Cons

If you are female, forget about being taken seriously and expect to make less money than a man in the same position. Next to no women in management on store side. I have also seen excellent employees with great potential passed up for promotion due to sexual orientation. We have a lot of wonderful ideas for making all of our jobs easier, but no time to implement them. It's hard to teach people how to work their assigned area when you can't leave the fuel desk.

Out with the old, in with the new. The old men running the show need to either learn that bullying is no longer effective in this day and age, or just retire and let more progressive, forward thinking people run the company.

86 Other Employee Reviews for Love's Country Stores (View Most Recent)

Restaurant Manager

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager

I worked at Love's Country Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Loves shares, quarterly bonus program

Cons

Seriously understaffed, managers are glorified cashiers because you don't have the staff or time to be an actual manager, upper management sucks, everyone is worried about the bottom line in the entire company, they expect managers to work 50 hours a week but by the time your done you work atleast 60 because they don't give you enough hours to properly staff so you cant ever leave on time, they give you 6 hours a week to train brand new employees, very very few women managers that work store side...they expect women to manage restaurants.

Work out in the stores for a few days!! You are very unrealistic!

Has Potential,

Former Employee - Clerical in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Clerical in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Love's Country Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides decent benefits for the corporate staff. There are bonuses for store managers and assistant managers in the field, as well as bonuses for sales in the bulk fuel sales group. There used to be bonuses for the year for all corporate employees as well, but that may or may not still be the case.
    They did put out a survey for employee satisfaction, which shows good intentions, and the company is growing and has a presence from coast to coast.

Cons

You are better off being Christian (Baptist), Republican, and willing to play the politics game in an office setting. These are somewhat normal for the area, though, and they are and EEO employer. Their supervisors and managers not so much so in practice. I once heard a manager threaten to wrap bacon around a cookie to force a Muslim employee to eat the pork. That person also made fun of other religions when they felt they were in the right company to do so, and was reported at least once (not by me) for employee harassment. This person is still with the company as of May, 2014, and is still a manager/supervisor.

Be more aware of how each manager's actions reflect on the company. Address the disconnect between stated company culture and actual company culture. Up the management capabilities - the company spoke about empowered employees, but was not always willing to live up to the idea of it. It is okay not to empower the employees, but don't give it lip service because that only creates dissatisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Love's Country Stores