Love's Country Stores
www.loves.com Oklahoma City, OK 5000+ Employees

Employee turn over was 300% and growing.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Cheyenne, WY

ProsThere are many nice stores in the Love's company. Not every location has as many issues at the store I was hired on to work for.

ConsManagement up the ladder all the way to the regional level was turning over very quickly. The General Manager at my store was stealing and there were major problems with the other managers that followed. Within a year there were 5 different General Managers and the cashier turnover was 300% and climbing. Employees had drug issues and staffing was a problem. Truck stops across the highway were paying $1 more an hour and would quickly recruit any positive addition to the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementTruck stops are exhausting to manage because of the round the clock attention the store needs as well as the volume of product sold. Employee turnover and the quality of people being hired can also make management difficult. General Managers and Assistant Managers need better training, schedules, and pay.

Loves Corporate HQ Position

Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Love's Country Stores

Pros: The Love family takes very good care of their employees. Generous benefits, including profit sharing for a great many employees in… Cons: Salary is perhaps a bit low for comparable positions in the region, but… Advice to Senior Management: If you're not doing so already, start looking into ways to deliver compressed natural gas and other alternative fuels at the company's many outlets… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Loves Travel Stops the family buiness has not lost the family

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Love's Country Stores

Pros: 4 day work week for managers Cons: over night hours 24 hour stores Advice to Senior Management: dig into what your stores are doing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Love's Country Stores.

Worked for Love's Country Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Love's Country Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Love's Country Stores CEO Tom Love. All reviews posted anonymously by Love's Country Stores employees.