There are newer employer reviews for Love's Country Stores

Employee turn over was 300% and growing.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Cheyenne, WY
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cheyenne, WY

I worked at Love's Country Stores

Pros

There are many nice stores in the Love's company. Not every location has as many issues at the store I was hired on to work for.

Cons

Management up the ladder all the way to the regional level was turning over very quickly. The General Manager at my store was stealing and there were major problems with the other managers that followed. Within a year there were 5 different General Managers and the cashier turnover was 300% and climbing. Employees had drug issues and staffing was a problem. Truck stops across the highway were paying $1 more an hour and would quickly recruit any positive addition to the team.

Truck stops are exhausting to manage because of the round the clock attention the store needs as well as the volume of product sold. Employee turnover and the quality of people being hired can also make management difficult. General Managers and Assistant Managers need better training, schedules, and pay.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Love's Country Stores (View Most Recent)

Loves Corporate HQ Position

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Love's Country Stores

Pros

The Love family takes very good care of their employees. Generous benefits, including profit sharing for a great many employees in "difference making" positions within the company. Very fast growth over the past 5 years and no signs of slowing anytime soon.

Cons

Salary is perhaps a bit low for comparable positions in the region, but I consider that to be at least partially offset by the strong benefits package.

If you're not doing so already, start looking into ways to deliver compressed natural gas and other alternative fuels at the company's many outlets around the country right away. When petroleum fuel prices skyrocket again I don't want my job and the company to be at risk.

Loves Travel Stops the family buiness has not lost the family

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Love's Country Stores

Pros

4 day work week for managers

Cons

over night hours 24 hour stores

dig into what your stores are doing

There are newer employer reviews for Love's Country Stores

Worked for Love's Country Stores? Contribute to the Community!