There are newer employer reviews for Lovesac

A unique retail experience that changed my life...and my views on furniture.

Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Lovesac full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I will never forget my time at Lovesac. It was such a unique company to be apart of for 2 years. I had many opportunities to collaborate business plans and ideas with the CEO, founder, and HQ team--they even gave me their personal cell phone numbers! Lovesac intrigued me from my first interview. Each employee (part-time up the ladder to the director of retail stores) was so passionate about the company. I worked for 4 other big retailers before my time at Lovesac--however, Lovesac changed every negative opinion I previously had about retail management. The founder, CEO, and HQ team gave me the opportunity to manage my stores with "common sense and good taste" among many other unique core values and company best practices. I never felt micro-managed and I was never overwhelmed with unnecessary "busy work" projects. My colleagues were all dedicated and hard working go-getters that inspired me to become better. Every market manager and manger was an entrepreneur. Lovesac is a team of extremely talented, driven, and passionate employees. The product...well, stop into any Lovesac store and I'm sure one of the above mentioned employees will demonstrate it much better than my words could explain. Trust me...it's amazing and comfy!

Cons

With such an amazing product...rapid growth is inevitable. The con in that situation is that it could lead to a disconnect between the upper-management and retail management on the front lines of the business. However, Lovesac has an amazing CEO and founder who are extremely involved in every aspect of their business and I honestly doubt they would permit that to happen.

As you grow, continue to talk frequently to your colleagues in other locations and reach out to everyone from seasonal employees to regional directors. Remember that great business ideas are generated from all employees in a company--not just senior managers. Also, continue to lead by example everyday. One of the many things I loved about Lovesac was that the founder and CEO and HQ team came to the stores and worked on the sales floor with customers-- Keep doing that.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Lovesac (View Most Recent)

A quickly growing company that just installed a Glass ceiling and forgot to tell you.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

An amazing and revolutionary product line that continues to grow and improve. The very top of the management chain is extremely helpful, inspiring, and fuels the energy that drives this company upwards. I still love and live by all of the original values Lovesac has taught me. That was back when "common sense and good taste" was our foundation to build on...

Cons

For the first 4 years of my Lovesac experience, I would have almost no need for this section. This was a career that required very hard work, paired with equal reward and vast opportunity for growth. The course of this year was different however, full of fumbled procedural changes, covered up with half-truths. It appears that the top of command seems to have lost sight of the failures in the bridge that connects the corporate office with its retail stores. The management that does control that bridge has become power hungry, ignorant, and stubborn to the fact that each store is placed in a unique environment. The people who used to be responsible for the communication reaching each store, and changes being implemented successfully, have turned into nothing more than criticizers and finger pointers, favoring their HQ counterparts.

This used to be a company where one of the common motto's was "it's your fault". That meant that we succeeded and failed together. However this year has proven that the motto was changed to "it's retails fault", and the representatives at HQ are not responsible for their own mistakes. These faults instead are warped into it being retail's fault for not checking that HQ did their job correctly. It is very hard to maintain motivation for you and your staff when you go to work everyday expecting to deal with someone else's mistake, take it as your own, and handle the onslaught of a negative customer review. All without your own company watching your back.

Don't decide to restructure company procedures in the middle of redeveloping your corporate office. The missed communications created by that scenario has left retail teams confused, frustrated, and drained of confidence in the company they represent. A manager should not fear to lead their team on the front lines.

Disappointing - from best to worst work-life balance

Current Employee - Operations Lead
    Current Employee - Operations Lead

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It has always been exciting to work with an amazing product that is revolutionary, fun, and intuitive. You really get to let your personality and creativity flourish, which has always been important to me.

Cons

HQ has greatly declined in their use of communication through their numerous multiple-times-a-week changes, on how the company operates, within the past year. Those of us on the front-lines are responsible for rolling with the punches, but instead of an invited challenge to be better, it's turned into boxing with an invisible man. Not only that this invisible man has become very disrespectful and degrading in what used to be a "we got your back" family-style camaraderie. It used to be a place for the entrepreneurial spirit, not anymore.

Get communication from HQ to the rest of the company clear with each change that happens. This never used to be a problem, why should it be now just because upper management changed? I know the company is going through growing pains, but it puts unnecessary stress on the "faces" of the brand. It doesn't feel worth it anymore and I always felt I would stay with this company forever, in some shape or form. Now I bring work home with me more than ever and it's not getting any better.

There are newer employer reviews for Lovesac