Lovesac

www.lovesac.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Lovesac

Joining Lovesac was unexpected, but exactly what I needed!

Current Employee - Operations Lead
Current Employee - Operations Lead

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I'm not giving a 5 star rating because I think Lovesac is perfect. No company can be perfect because, at least to my knowledge, they are all still run by human beings. Rather, I am giving it 5 stars because I believe that it is a company made up of individuals who share a love of the product they are selling. And not only do they sell it, they live it! After spending work hours explaining the cleverness and uniqueness of Sacs and Sactionals, many (including myself) go home to enjoy the very same with loved ones. Even our CEO gets excited for new fabrics for her Sactionals and shares photos of her own home with her latest Sactionals configuration!

It is true that the company is young and is growing, and with that comes growing pains. But isn't that better than a company who has grown stagnant and dull? A growing and changing company also creates opportunity for career growth. I am happy to be a part of Lovesac, and have every intention of sticking around for a long time!

Cons

I think the Cons of working at Lovesac have more to do with working in the retail industry in general. Hours on your feet, dealing with difficult customers, working nights and weekends just come with the territory.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Lovesac (View Most Recent)

Exciting place to work if you are looking for career growth

I have been working at Lovesac full-time

Pros

As a tenured retail manager, I have seen the best and worst from corporate retail. Lovesac is a refreshing change from what I had experienced at mainstream retail establishments. It really boils down to the people and the product. Everyone I have worked with in the field and HQ has exhibited the same fundamental competencies: they are passionate and they have integrity. This is a top down mentality. I have never, ever seen a CEO like Nancy Shalek. She is real as real can be and she strives to stay connected to the field. The product is very unique in the furniture sector. It has brought a modern, European aesthetic to the American household (really...modular furniture?) While there are copycat companies out there, nothing can really stand up to the quality of their Sactionals and Sacs.
    Lovesac is being lauded as "America's Fastest Growing Furniture Retailer" and if you look at the business trend for the past several years, there is a very bright future ahead for them. New positions in the field and HQ are opening all the time. It's exciting for someone like myself who doesn't want to be a "career GM."
    It is a complex business. There's a lot more to it than just selling bean bags. In order to be successful you have to be persistent, flexible, and adept at problem solving. There are many moving pieces that I was not originally prepared for. It was with the support of HQ and the field leadership team that I have realized success is in everyone's reach in this company.

Cons

Lovesac is in it's toddler years as a company. It is growing exponentially and with that comes growing pains. When I first started, I was concerned about the in-store merchandising, the freight logistics, the computer systems...honestly the list could go on and on. What I quickly saw though is that the higher ups all had the same concerns. Moreover, they were doing something about it! It's only been 2 months, but I feel like Lovesac has greatly evolved in that time. I do think that they will continue to evolve and with that evolution, there is pressure on the field to adapt and execute quickly. This is not a company for the faint of heart...you have to be quick on your toes and maintain an objective point of view when it comes to the implementation of new policies and procedures.

Continue to listen to the field. They are your frontline and have firsthand experience when it comes to the strengths and opportunities within the company.

"Impressive Company"

Current Employee - Store Lead in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Store Lead in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Having been in the retail for many years it is so refreshing to become part of a company that is so passionate about their product but also their people.Everyone is approachable and your opinion counts. It is a place that you can't wait to get to and at the end of the day don't want to leave !

Cons

At this point in time...NONE

There are newer employer reviews for Lovesac