Lovesac

www.lovesac.com
  www.lovesac.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lovesac

Not bad as far as retail goes...

Former Employee - Sales Representative
Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Lovesac part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hourly compensation is high, training was very hands on and personalized, and my managers were very friendly and helpful.

Cons

It's a very tough sell, and there is HIGH turnover, even for retail. All of the managers I worked with while I was there are now gone, and it didn't seem to take much to get them out of there even though they were great managers.

Consistency. Stick to something. I get that environments change as well as products, but not knowing who will be my boss every week is detrimental.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Lovesac (View Most Recent)

Such promise, but no direction

Current Employee - Operations Lead
    Current Employee - Operations Lead

I have been working at Lovesac part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company makes high quality merchandise that it stands behind with long lasting (sometimes multiple lifetime) warranties. The work isn't difficult physically, as the furniture isn't particularly heavy.

Cons

The company doesn't know where it's going. They're growing quite quickly, but their logistics side seems to be lacking considerably. As an operations lead, it's frustrating being told we can't offer customers tracking information on their multi-thousand dollar sofa purchase. They also don't seem to care about brand identity or awareness, as their web presence is abysmal and I regularly drive my personal car to handle customer service inquires.

Get it together. Figure out logistics and that it is, contrary to HQ's belief, a full time job. Stop creating customer issues and then telling the stores they're on their own to fix most of them. And let the stores shine and show off their own designer's style. You have talented employees, but grudges among management prevent them from shining to HQ. Also pay your employees in the stores what they're worth.

Numbers, numbers, numbers

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Lovesac

Pros

Small company feel, everyone knows everyone, somewhat flexible hours. Amazing product, unmatched by any other furniture company.

Cons

All they care about are the numbers you bring in lately. And you are required to make many "outreach" calls to bring in sales. Basically telemarketing each day to people who have been in the store. Business would be better without the logistics issues and constant backorders that cause people to cancel furniture orders. No retirement plan.

Give us a retirement plan! Manage your inventory, as the most popular products are always on backorder.

There are newer employer reviews for Lovesac