There are newer employer reviews for Lovesac

If corporate gets it together this company will skyrocket

I worked at Lovesac (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great coworkers, great experience. One of the more flexible retail stores.

Cons

Leadership needs an overhaul, no support from corporate if any they place blame on the store. Constantly adding busy work & new policies then ending policies without notice. Barely any promotions from within.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Highly innovative products with poor direction, communication, and logistics.

I have been working at Lovesac part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product is really well thought out. People love the product and want to have it. The main barriers to buying are price, it is not a cheap couch. The employees are often some of the most enthusiastic and fun people to work with. I wish I could come up with more, because I do love the product.

Cons

The main con is that employees are not given the tools they need to be successful, and without the help of other experienced salespersons who have been around for a while it would be near impossible to execute day to day operations without spending weeks if not months training by doing. There are no bar codes and very few labels on product in the store, and any labels that are on product are often renamed in the computer system to something different. Therefore, you need to learn how to manipulate the search algorithms in the computer in order to find product and/or memorize product names. There are almost always customer issues that are not handled correctly or are blatantly ignored by management/HQ. In this company, 'the customer is always right' does not ring as true as it should and our reputation with suffer because of this. Lovesac aims to be a Fortune 500 Top 100 company's to work for by 2015. Having worked with a company for almost 4 years that has made this list for over 10 consecutive years, I can honestly say this will be a very difficult task to accomplish.

Advice to Management

Work on communication issues - when we have a customer issue and we are trying to get clarification from HQ it is not appropriate for them to wait 5+ days to respond. Logistics need to be streamlined - we often times see product ship without tracking numbers being given to anyone or product arriving at customers house before we've even been notified it has shipped. Also, things getting shipped to the wrong clients or completely random addresses. Inventory needs to be more accurately recorded and kept - we never know for sure if something is available or not or where it may be. There is a very rudimentary excel sheet that they send out daily basis that gives a good idea, but we need a real-time inventory system that tells us exactly what is available. The number of emails sent between stores or from HQ asking if anyone has product is not only a burden and time waster for EVERY store to read

2. Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Store Leader
    Current Employee - Store Leader

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lovesac is a life-changing place to work. The company is very close knit, everyone knows each other, and is there to help and support you. I have worked in retail for 11 years, and this is hands down, the best place I have ever worked. The products are high quality, innovative, and carry a warranty that you can stand behind. The company vision is incredible, and you feel like you have a purpose. You have something to really believe in while here. Lovesac is not just a company to work for, it is a movement.

Cons

You need to be able to change and adapt with the company. This is not a clock in, and clock out job. The challenges that you face here are being able to challenge yourself, and give your all everyday. Just when you think you know everything, you have to be ready for that to change, and be ready to learn more!

Advice to Management

Keep the company spirit, and keep everything close to home. Don't lose sight of the "family" that Lovesac is as it grows!