There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Overall very good. Much better than Home Depot.

Current Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Decent pay, very good bonus and commission opportunities, every 4th weekend off, set rotation. Good opportunities to advance. Clean stores. Often a fun place to be.

Cons

It's retail. There are going to be customers who look down on you, no matter how good you are. Although there is a set rotation, you're still working three different shifts in a week so consistency is always an issue.

We need to have a better selection in some of the stores. Our store is missing many items they have at stores in the same town like outswing doors, wooden windows and certain lumber. Listen better. Give more feedback on how individuals are doing, not just the departments or the store.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fantastic Company

Current Employee - CSA in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - CSA in Corona, CA

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Lot's of help when you start out. They recognize hard workers.

Cons

Rotating corporate schedule so you have to work weekends more often than not.

2. Satisfying, room for advancement

Former Employee - Team Lead in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Houston, TX

I worked at Lowe's

Pros

pay is above average for retail, benefits are great, pay raises, quarterly bonus opportunities, and decent commission rate for special orders.

Cons

very hard work & heavy lifting, lots of hours, frequent last minute scheduling changes, high turnover and call-ins.

Cross-train in all departments, I would often know more than my managers and would make it hard to fully respect someone that needed more help than some of the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's