There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Overall very good. Much better than Home Depot.

Current Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist  in  Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Decent pay, very good bonus and commission opportunities, every 4th weekend off, set rotation. Good opportunities to advance. Clean stores. Often a fun place to be.

Cons

It's retail. There are going to be customers who look down on you, no matter how good you are. Although there is a set rotation, you're still working three different shifts in a week so consistency is always an issue.

We need to have a better selection in some of the stores. Our store is missing many items they have at stores in the same town like outswing doors, wooden windows and certain lumber. Listen better. Give more feedback on how individuals are doing, not just the departments or the store.

4073 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Mediocre

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Lax enforcement of scheduling - feel free to show up late or take a long lunch. No one in management really notices.

Cons

Managerial incompetency - you'll probably know more about the product walking into the store than the paper pushers will. Of note, we break the phones used to call intrastore almost semimonthly. We were rewarded with iphones. Currently taking bets to see how long they last.

Positive attitude can change your work place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Great co-workers. Good pay. Good training programs. Lowe's has a great program where you can make sales commission. The work place is as fun as you make it. If you are positive you can enjoy your work place.

Cons

Customers can be a little demanding but find a store that doesn't have that problem.
    Poor middle management at times. Communication between employees and managment can be lacking at times.

Hoovering over your employees is counterproductive and make them feel paranoid. Try not to interrupt an employee when they are making a sale because it makes the employee and the customer feel uncomfortable.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!