There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Overall very good. Much better than Home Depot.

Current Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Decent pay, very good bonus and commission opportunities, every 4th weekend off, set rotation. Good opportunities to advance. Clean stores. Often a fun place to be.

Cons

It's retail. There are going to be customers who look down on you, no matter how good you are. Although there is a set rotation, you're still working three different shifts in a week so consistency is always an issue.

Advice to Management

We need to have a better selection in some of the stores. Our store is missing many items they have at stores in the same town like outswing doors, wooden windows and certain lumber. Listen better. Give more feedback on how individuals are doing, not just the departments or the store.

reviews filtered by
  1. Positive attitude can change your work place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Great co-workers. Good pay. Good training programs. Lowe's has a great program where you can make sales commission. The work place is as fun as you make it. If you are positive you can enjoy your work place.

Cons

Customers can be a little demanding but find a store that doesn't have that problem.
    Poor middle management at times. Communication between employees and managment can be lacking at times.

Advice to Management

Hoovering over your employees is counterproductive and make them feel paranoid. Try not to interrupt an employee when they are making a sale because it makes the employee and the customer feel uncomfortable.

2. Satisfying, room for advancement

Former Employee - Team Lead in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Houston, TX

I worked at Lowe's

Pros

pay is above average for retail, benefits are great, pay raises, quarterly bonus opportunities, and decent commission rate for special orders.

Cons

very hard work & heavy lifting, lots of hours, frequent last minute scheduling changes, high turnover and call-ins.

Advice to Management

Cross-train in all departments, I would often know more than my managers and would make it hard to fully respect someone that needed more help than some of the employees.