Lowe's
3.3 of 5 3,647 reviews
www.lowes.com Mooresville, NC 5000+ Employees

Was great until this store opened.

Former Employee (Former Employee)
Kyle, TX

ProsThe money and incentives are good, but it developed into the plague that is bringing it down...

ConsThe company went from a place that cared and was family oriented into a money hungry corporation that only cared what the investors think. They forgot all the people that helped build the company into the huge corporation it is now and leave incompetent managers to run each store as they wish.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead between the lines, the low down tells you in every issue how to treat the customer, but if it means cutting into your bottom line and losing your 40k bonus, they you really don't care. HR managers are supposed to be there for the employee, instead you work for the store manager. And probably go golfing with him.

In the past I have been proud to be one of the employees who have worked my way up to the preferred position.

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros: pleasures of working with fellow employees. pleasures of working with the public and helping them out with… Cons: Sometimes customers have the attitude of 'screwing' companies to get things for free. NO COMMISSION OR SPIFFS. All have been taken away. … Advice to Senior Management: I presently dislike the fact that Lowe's is cutting back on the commissions of the very people who have helped to place Lowes… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Spiff/Commissions Gone

Specialist (Current Employee)
    Lexington, KY

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros: Employee discount and health benefits. Cons: As of Feb 11, Lowes dropped all spiffs and commissions… More
There are newer reviews on Lowe's.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lowe's CEO Robert A. Niblock. All reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees.