Lowe's

Tough

Current Employee - Cashier - Front End in Lutherville Timonium, MD
Current Employee - Cashier - Front End in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

You make a lot of friends, the relationships you will establish with most of the people you work with will most likely be positive. And on the weekends we are pretty busy so there is always something to do.

Cons

There is always drama. Though your immediate supervisor will most likely be a pleasant person, the high ups are pretty tough to deal with. They are very much about saving their own butts and are willing to throw anyone under the bus that does not help them get what they want and need or anyone that does not help them keep their upper management off their backs. They are all about making the sales goal for the day, being the best over other stores, there is not even a tiny interest in establishing a minimal interpersonal relationship with employees. And HR is nonexistent!

Learn some interpersonal skills as well as the proper way to communicate with your employees.

4632 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

i do a lot of work and am compensated accordingly, but its tiresome and boring

Current Employee - Weekend Team in Bryan, TX
    Current Employee - Weekend Team in Bryan, TX

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

my pay is adequate for a college student. the job is easy and you get to walk around a lot instead of standing in one place all the time.

Cons

the job is boring. i push carts, help customers, assist all departments, clean, zone and face products on the shelf, and do whatever management tells me to do. essentially, there is a routine, and once you get into your groove, the job becomes uninteresting and lifeless. i would not work here if the pay was any lower.

your weekend team members, atleast i feel this way, are being stretched across all departments in the store. give us some credit for being so versetile. one of my managers got on to me because he thought i was just wandering around the store by commenting "do-whatever-you-want-weekend team," and that really got to me because yes, i do whatever YOU want.

I feel as if Lowes is headed towards great success

Current Employee - Cashier in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Cashier in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

Lowe's has great benefits and a tremendous business structure.

Cons

Some of the Lowe's are mismanaged making them disappointing places of business

Stay on track