There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Great pay and compensation, but with local district management, not worth the psych bills

Current Employee - Upper Level Management in Wilmington, NC
Current Employee - Upper Level Management in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

pay and compensation are great

Cons

district level management stifles store managment causing much uneeded stress for management, which if not in check will trickle down to the store employees. Thankfully the management does not take the abuse given from the district manager and trickle it down. It is disheartening that such a wonderful job has all the joy taken out by a verbally abusive district manager.

district level management should better support the store level management....district level management obnoxious, treats store management as if children. district level management is abusive at best.

reviews filtered by

Lowe's not all it's cracked up to be.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist Flooring in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist Flooring in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

The people you work with and the diversity of a retail job.

Cons

Lack of vacation time. Retail business hours, workinging on Holidays and rotating shifts. Currently, you must work at lowes for five years in order to get two weeks of vacation. this is rediculous. Also, there is no company funded retirement program at all. No vesting, no nothing. High turnover in employees.

Quit giving away our future. Management feels that the only way to solve a complaint, is to throw money at it. We don't need one hundred percent of the consumers. I believe we only need the top 75 percent. The other 25 percent, I want my competition to deal with as they are more of a pain in the ass than they are worth.

2. Return to the purpose of retailing ... Sales.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

You can advance at your own pace but the opportinities for growth have been declining over the past several years since the appointment of Robert Niblock. Mr. Niblock did not "Grow Up" with the company and as such, does not have a firm or realistic grasp of "Sales positions" and how they relate to the company.

Cons

The daily burden of unrealistic reports and reporting of statistics is a reflection of being years behind with the computer programs necessary to assist the store's management. Redundancy is the word to describe the constant E-Mailing of ststistics so that they can be just forwarded up the ladder.

Get realistic ... Cut the paperwork and strong arm tactics on the District level and return to the purpose at hand ... Increasing sales and maintaining a customer base, especially in the Commercial Sales area.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's