Lowe's

www.lowes.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Great Company to Work For!

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate I in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Associate I in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Lowe's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The management actually cares about their employees
Wonderful benefits
Flexible Scheduling
Always something new to learn

Cons

The company is going through a lot of changes that are difficult to understand and follow, especially for employees that have worked their for years.

5052 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Lofty goals, So so execution, Sad computer system

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate I in Rolla, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate I in Rolla, MO

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They seem to be in a building and transition mode aiming for great things. Some really good people trying to make it happen.

Cons

The goal is highest customer service and lowest price guarantied. Stresses everyone when there are not excellent tools to do it with and product on the shelf nearly 100% of the time. Very poor computer system even after the work that has been done to upgrade.

We waste a lot of time waiting for the for the computer system. The order and install systems have way too many clunky steps. It is very easy to make errors which takes even more time to correct. Nearly impossible to give good customer service in a reasonable time frame.

Flexible hours have kept me here, which is important when going to school.

Current Employee - CSA II in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - CSA II in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Plenty of opportunity to move up in the company. (sales specialists, department managers, pros.
    -Very flexible with work schedule - great for students
    -Provides a lot of training and it's a good place to develop power equipment i.e. forklift experience
    -Depends on the department: but you should never really be bored. There's always something to be done out on the floor.

Cons

-Can be physically hard depending on the department (building materials, outside lawn & garden)
    -Be ready to drop your current project or task in order to help customers and fellow associates. Can become somewhat overwhelming at times if you're not used to retail environment.
    -Customers don't visit Lowe's (or Home Depot) to necessarily have a good time. In other words, the customer base is generally middle- to older aged men who are working on projects at home. This can create some bad moods before they even walk into Lowe's as you can imagine. If you can't help them or aren't the expert, it can result in irritated customers which wear on you after long days and long stretches of work.

Honestly...Pay new, inexperienced base-pay workers less than the more experienced employees supervising and training them. There's a reason a wrote this...

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's