Lowe's

www.lowes.com

Great products, Great people

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsOne can grow and develope into management with the aid of computer based lessons and then within just a few minutes place what you have learned into use. You also have the opportunity to provide customer service to a wide base of the local population. This takes into consideration, different languages, different religious views and different values.

ConsLeadership is struggling to do away with the, Good ole Boy, type senerio where only if you fit into the club can you go any higher than store level. Very bad not just at Lowe's but in all Home Improvement stores.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote individuals based upon their achievements not what current supervisors feel. This will help do away with the, Good ole Boy senerio, Additionally, promote from outside the store in. This will aid in the previous as it will also allow Management canidates to live up to the policy that they can be moved anywhere within the US, and not stagnate with in one store, one city and one state.

Good Job, Bad Career.

Installed Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) Albany, NY

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Learn simple home improvement basics -Not Micro Managed Cons: The highest one will probably get within the company is ASM,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Decent Compny with lots of opportunity!

Department Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Lots of locations and great employees Cons: Long hours and a bit underpaid Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lowe's.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!