Lowe's

www.lowes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Good pace to work, as long as you are comfortable with customer first.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Managment is very easy an open to talking to you about your issues, and in my experience most customers are nicer than at other jobs.
People are actually open to listening to you and your ideas, vs them just walking in and grabbing what they want.
The company culture is forward looking rather than grasping to an already gone past. And there is a drive to improve where things are lacking and not totally from a bussiness sense, but more from a total all encompansing sense.

Cons

Managers have a tendency to disapear wether there is work to be done or not. Makes it quite difficult to find help when you need help. Most employees are not fully cross trained, and don't really care to be, while I understand why the intent is to focus on your own station things run smoother when all work together.

Department managers should stick to their departments, not running around to do what ever it is they do when you can't find them.

4824 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Great stores. Not so great HQ.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary, benefits, 401k and stock program, bonus up to 30% + extra award bonuses possible.

Cons

Crazy rotation for schedule needs more consistency, huge disconnect between HQ and the stores. They spend who knows how much money making plannograms, which we then have to redesign completely at the stores. The 30k/year process worker at HQ makes up new programs with no knowledge of how it would actually work in stores, and then gives out orders on the company forum like they are a SVP. Something is seriously wrong with the culture there. The stores are great though.

It's seriously time to rein in your CSC employees a bit. A war is brewing between the stores and the CSC, fueled by connections. We're doing our part as store mgmt to calm our employees down. Now its your turn.

Lowes

Former Employee - LPM in Vacaville, CA
    Former Employee - LPM in Vacaville, CA

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Operationally driven

Cons

Expect to count everything. In the store twice a year

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's