Lowe's

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

awesome

Current Employee - PSA in Fairfield, CA
Current Employee - PSA in Fairfield, CA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

fun job, great people. keep busy.

Cons

so many cut backs as of late. also, random weird rules that don't make sense.

keep up the good work. but try to make things less confusing for new employees

4589 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

I was a seasonal cashier

Current Employee - Part Time Cashier in Chambersburg, PA
    Current Employee - Part Time Cashier in Chambersburg, PA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are good, the money is decent, the employees actually help you if you need help.

Cons

Took me 3 months to get hired back on with Lowes after I was laid off for the season, I have to start all over again with DAY 1 status, and my pay is lower then what it was....but hey its a job and its not seasonal....and another plus its close to home.

Be cautious of how many employees you hire for a season, I would have loved to stay at my original store but I was laid off, even though I received an award for help catch a would be tag swapper...(gentleman tried to put a shelf tag over a UPC and tried to use the self check, when the item wouldn't scan I offered to help and I noticed what he had done and I called for a head cashier, she took care of him at customer service, and they wouldn't sell him the item for what the tag on it said so I saved the store over $20.00 big deal ya, but every little bit ads up).

Good pace to work, as long as you are comfortable with customer first.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Managment is very easy an open to talking to you about your issues, and in my experience most customers are nicer than at other jobs.
    People are actually open to listening to you and your ideas, vs them just walking in and grabbing what they want.
    The company culture is forward looking rather than grasping to an already gone past. And there is a drive to improve where things are lacking and not totally from a bussiness sense, but more from a total all encompansing sense.

Cons

Managers have a tendency to disapear wether there is work to be done or not. Makes it quite difficult to find help when you need help. Most employees are not fully cross trained, and don't really care to be, while I understand why the intent is to focus on your own station things run smoother when all work together.

Department managers should stick to their departments, not running around to do what ever it is they do when you can't find them.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's