Lowes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, employee discount (till they take it away) Decent benefits for full timers,benifits available for part time also

Cons

Shift work , rotating schedules, no more sos @ 10% above cost, spiffs are gone, benefits for part time are not as good as full timers

Advice to Management

Your advertizing needs to be better, you can't make your entire workforce part time and expect to be number one in customer service. All the technology in the world will not replace a person who is enabled and empowered to be excellent in customer care and service.

reviews filtered by
  1. Worst company I have ever worked for....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brevard, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brevard, NC

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job that paid just over half of what I am accustomed to earning...

Cons

Lazy, immature employees promoted to positions that were way over their head, middle aged male employees discriminated against on an hourly basis, lots of "double talk" in an attempt to mislead employees into believing there is actually an opportunity there for them, so that store management can continue to promote young females in the hopes of gaining their affections

Advice to Management

re-evaluate your process from the top down, too much micro-management at the store level, need to emphasize experience and knowledge rather than youth and stupidity

From Part-Time to Department Manager

Current Employee - Department Manager Lowes in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Department Manager Lowes in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people - hourly, so the job doesn't follow you home (not on call), easy work once you learn the many processes.

Cons

As with any retail store - when sales are down or its the slow time of the year, number of hours available is smaller so fewer people to run the store - can make for challenging days. Ultimately we are mostly hourly employees though, so there is no "thats not my job" we all must do what ever it takes to keep the store going and the customers taken care of.

Advice to Management

Communication it terrible - I'm a DM - the HRM or ASMs send my people home or write them up for stuff without ever even talking to me. I spent time looking for an employee I needed to complete some tasks only to find out he had been sent home - that is terrible. Over all - your DMs aren't really managing the staff like they should be. You should all spend at least 1 day a month working someone elses job so you remember, really remember, what it is like.