Lowe's

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

former lowes employee

Former Employee - Depatrment Manager in Muskogee, OK
Former Employee - Depatrment Manager in Muskogee, OK

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lowes is solid company with a strong history in home improvement retail sales. If you are willing to work hard, there are many oportunities to advance in the company.

Cons

Corporate decisions don't allow enough flexibility for individual stores to reach their maximum potential. Store management should be allowed a greater say in store policy.

Increase associate wages to reduce turnover.

4632 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

I love working here

Current Employee - Load Puller in South Lebanon, OH
    Current Employee - Load Puller in South Lebanon, OH

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great management. Pleasant. Career potential. Worked for about 3 months in outside lawn and garden. Started out at 9.96/hr. applied for load puller position. I got it. They raised my pay to 11.17/hr. after about 3 months of that I applied for full time installed sales coordinator. I got the job and in 2 days I will be making 12.90/ hr. not rich or anything. But making a comfortable living with no degree. Only been there for 6 months but I would like to be here long term. I feel comfortable with my career potential here at lowes. I'm under 22 years old. If you work hard and aggressively apply for available jobs, you can go as far as you want.

Cons

Could always use more money and steady hours. The pace is either very fast or very slow.

Positive reinforcement always works.

Great, hard working team members, but bad store management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People that work there tend to work very hard, which motivated me to perform hard as well. Learned many things, due to the many departments.

Cons

Store management focusing on making the store look stocked by eliminating empty selling locations, which had previous out of stock product, with product already that has another selling location. This makes it when the out of stock product does come back into the store it no longer has a selling location and just goes up to top stock

I understand that you don't want any holes on the selling shelf, but you should make it where we can change it back once the product gets back into the store.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's