Lowe's

www.lowes.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

A good place to work if you are looking for seasonal employment.

Former Employee - CSA in Pearland, TX
Former Employee - CSA in Pearland, TX

I worked at Lowe's

Pros

Benefits and pay are good, if you can ever get off seasonal status. You can learn alot about home improvement products and the discounts aren't bad either.

Cons

The hours are too varied to schedule time to do anything else. Alot of hard work and heavy lifting. I don't feel management looks carefully enough into the employees they already have and continue to hire new seasonal employees. As a result your hours get cut and new employees get some good hours for the first couple of months and the cycle starts over with them. It is a long and painful experience trying to obtain a full time position.

Recognize talent and think about more promotions from within your own store.

5096 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

How it is

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Lowe's

Pros

The work place can be fun at times, it is a high stress job if you are a supervisor and if you thrive on pressure it’s a good place to work. It is wonderful when you get those the customers who come in and you are able to help them fix a problem or just make their home look better. The most rewarding thing I have experienced is getting a huge from a customer who you just helped making their new house become their new home. In this company it is always going above and beyond to provide learning and training experiences for its employees. They even make it fun and rewarding to learn policies and procedures. They made a game we play with small prizes for random employees who participate in the program. The company atmosphere is great, it's like a family, but that does mean you have those bad family members and those great ones.

Cons

The communication between management and employees could be worked on. Many things get looked over and management isn't always held responsible for problems they cause. Some of the policies need to be reread and adjusted; they just don't make sense for this time and age. The big problem is corporate sends out generic instructions to all stores for procedures and upcoming events. They need to be tailored to at least the state or district. When the email goes out to open the garden registers in January, yes it may be warm in North Carolina or Florida, but in Colorado it is still too cold and there is no reason to open an area customers are not going to shop for another few months.

I believe all levels of management need to work in each respective area of the store for at least a month’s time. This way they understand the happenings of the department and will comprehend things better. When you want something done, don't breath down our necks, let us do it on our own, you will be surprised how much more gets done when you leave a person to their own devices. Why would you move towards hiring part-time workers only? People need money to live, part-time just doesn't cut it. It is ok for a second job or for college students but most people need full-time jobs. When your employees are happy, your sales will increase and productivity will go up as well. Why is this hard to understand? Stop making it harder on yourselves and pissing us off in the end.

good company that needs active managers to move the company forward

Current Employee - Department Manager, Lowe's Home Center in Wilkesboro, NC
    Current Employee - Department Manager, Lowe's Home Center in Wilkesboro, NC

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

steady, secure job with a good 401k package. The ability to transfer to just about any store in any state if you must move.

Cons

inconsistency of store management to uphold companywide standards. The company has gotten too big to manage effectively. Like most big organizations 30% of the employees do 90% of the work while the other 70% kill time until there shift is over.

consistency is the key to happy employees,

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's