Lowe's

www.lowes.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Lowe's provides a great job opportunity for college employment

Former Employee - Loader in Gulf Breeze, FL
Former Employee - Loader in Gulf Breeze, FL

I worked at Lowe's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Work Environment
Team Building
Pays well for a summer position in college
Gain knowledge of home improvement
Gain customer Service experience

Cons

Long Hours
Schedule is not very flexible
Given tasks are often mind numbing and do not challenge the mind
Can be a dangerous job if precautions are not made around the heavy equiment
Outdoor employees often have to work in harsh weather conditions

5071 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Manager in Mooresville corp. office.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Lowe's full-time

Pros

Steady paycheck. Had some good people on my team. Liked my actual job... when I was allowed to do it.

Cons

Micromanagement. Too extreme to be believed.
    KoolAid sessions. Just ask someone about the "LEF room." When they explain it to you, they aren't exaggerating.
    Leadership thinks "leading" is worrying about what Home Depot is doing.
    Your core job is not important. All they worry about is are you keeping up with the 3247 daily emails... 3215 of which are a waste of time, what project are you working on, are you working late
     each day, the list just goes on and on.
    In spite of the lip service, many above you loose site of the fact that you are there to support the stores, and that means do your job... not all the other BS they deem to be important.
    No one will make a decision!!!! And they won't allow you to make a decision.
    The list just goes on and on. Unfortunately I'd have to say that working in the corporate office is simply a toxic environment. Truly so. It's a shame as there are some good people there... most of which are hunting another job.

Clean out the top 15 people and start over.
    Also, look at all 20 year employees. Many of them are paying lip service to the LEF changes but after the meetings it's right back to the old way of operating.

Great, hard working team members, but bad store management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People that work there tend to work very hard, which motivated me to perform hard as well. Learned many things, due to the many departments.

Cons

Store management focusing on making the store look stocked by eliminating empty selling locations, which had previous out of stock product, with product already that has another selling location. This makes it when the out of stock product does come back into the store it no longer has a selling location and just goes up to top stock

I understand that you don't want any holes on the selling shelf, but you should make it where we can change it back once the product gets back into the store.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's