There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Great working environment w/ reliable leadership

Former Employee - Online Merchandising Specialist in Mooresville, NC
Former Employee - Online Merchandising Specialist in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Lowe's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun working environment (especially in the online division), slightly flexible hours, leadership is taking the company in the right direction, morale seems to be good, ideal ratio of chiefs and Indians (meaning upper management and functional level employees), frequently promote from within, Benefits aren't bad, quality food and low cost cafeteria, ...

Cons

Pay is mediocre, benefits aren't the best. I don't have many more cons about the company, but I have to post at least 20 words so that is what this sentence is for.

Advice to Management

Employees are most companies most important asset, and good employees are hard to come by, so don't let them go.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. Great group of people, somethings need work

Former Contractor - Online Taxonomy Analyst in Mooresville, NC
    Former Contractor - Online Taxonomy Analyst in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Lowe's as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The online floor is a great group of people, everyone is very nice. Ping pong tables, an N64 and Wii help to give people breaks when you need them. Ping Pong matches can get intense.

Cons

I came into a position with Lowe's in a contracted position, never having worked at Lowe's before. Was not given a job full time because they said I didn't "catch on" to their system as quickly as they wanted. Like my prior boss warned me, it is a burn and churn company when you first come in.

Advice to Management

When someone is new to the whole Lowe's company they made need more time learning the system than someone who has worked for you several years prior.

2. Schedules

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Longview, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Longview, WA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Schedule runs on a matrix So I can plan out many weeks in advance. Though the hours arent set I know what days off I will have in Dec in Jan

Cons

Yet to find bad part to this company but will inform if i do find something to put in this section later as for now very satisfied