There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Great working environment w/ reliable leadership

Former Employee - Online Merchandising Specialist in Mooresville, NC
Former Employee - Online Merchandising Specialist in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Lowe's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun working environment (especially in the online division), slightly flexible hours, leadership is taking the company in the right direction, morale seems to be good, ideal ratio of chiefs and Indians (meaning upper management and functional level employees), frequently promote from within, Benefits aren't bad, quality food and low cost cafeteria, ...

Cons

Pay is mediocre, benefits aren't the best. I don't have many more cons about the company, but I have to post at least 20 words so that is what this sentence is for.

Advice to Management

Employees are most companies most important asset, and good employees are hard to come by, so don't let them go.

reviews filtered by
  1. It is a good employee centered company.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate IV - Pro Services in Owensboro, KY

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

once you are full time, the benefits are good

Cons

a bit militaristic in management style

Advice to Management

more one on one training from asm's. the asm's have too much responsibility outside their departments to fully supervise those assigned to their departments.

2. Great group of people, somethings need work

Former Contractor - Online Taxonomy Analyst in Mooresville, NC
    Former Contractor - Online Taxonomy Analyst in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Lowe's as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The online floor is a great group of people, everyone is very nice. Ping pong tables, an N64 and Wii help to give people breaks when you need them. Ping Pong matches can get intense.

Cons

I came into a position with Lowe's in a contracted position, never having worked at Lowe's before. Was not given a job full time because they said I didn't "catch on" to their system as quickly as they wanted. Like my prior boss warned me, it is a burn and churn company when you first come in.

Advice to Management

When someone is new to the whole Lowe's company they made need more time learning the system than someone who has worked for you several years prior.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's