Great working experience, growth potential not great on inside at current locations.

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Findlay, OH
Former Employee - Team Member in Findlay, OH

I worked at Lowe's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

4 day work weeks, good pay and bonus potential for the work and hours, optional overtime was offered, allowed to come in to work and do your job without a manager breathing down your neck and treated most employees fairly.

Cons

Limited inside growth especially at your location, the company does not move people up or out of the positions where you can grow into management roles. They like to do a lot of hiring from the outside or other centers, when very qualified candidates are right there. To many self made positions and front office people that are not necessarily needed.

Pay attention to those that are in your building, there is a lot of potential in front of you. Make sure to hold the coaches responsible for the team members and if they are not doing their job don't be afraid to make an example out of the popular people or management. Keep quiet about things that are coming or could happen, don't say if you work hard we will have a holiday off , just plan and work accordingly and if it is feasible then announce it. Promises you cant keep only hurt moral and the productivity of the business.

Other Reviews for Lowe's

Great place to work with out a degree

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay for work performed, benefits are good (stock purchase plan 15% off, 401k matches 6% of contribution, off one weekend plus extra sunday a month, 40% of base bonus end of year depending on store sales, 2 weeks of vacation after 1 year 3 weeks after 5 years 4 weeks after 15 years

Cons

Bonus went from 60% to 40%, inventory bonus gone, health insurance is not very good and keeps geting worse, 4 weeks of vacations used to be after 10 years and is now 15 years. Most other retailers offer every other weekend off, and more vacation sooner

I like most of the many changes except, taking away of inventory bonus, and sales bonus %

Enjoyed coworkers, not so much the management.

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Russellville, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Russellville, AR

I worked at Lowe's part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy working with tools, so it was sort of a dream job to be around them all the time and know what's coming out.

Cons

The management at my location wasn't the best. After I moved to a new job they restructured, so I imagine it's a lot better now.

Don't neglect hardware coverage!

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!