Be Proactive or Go Home

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-You can get some surprisingly impressive experiences and responsibilities if you are willing to ask for them, or work by yourself.

Cons

-Training will be woefully inadequate if you are unprepared; you have to ask for help and keep a list of managers in the back of your head at all times. -It will sometimes seem like you're pulling Specialist responsibilities at Part time pay.

Advice to Management

-More job-specific training.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I really loved my job. Then we got a new store manager.

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and great co-workers

Cons

To many managers, never enough seasonal help, no flexibility in scheduling for students if you are full time

Advice to Management

Listen to the people in your store that are doing the work. Lose the condescending attitudes.

2. Sink or Swim

Former Employee - Seasonal Customer Service
    Former Employee - Seasonal Customer Service

I worked at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not sure was not there long enough to tell

Cons

As a new employee, you get thrown into the deep end of the pool and you either sink or swim. They talk about creating a great customer experience but offer no training, nor provide any documentation to refer to, so that you can assist the customer. On my first day, after having been there less than 1 hour, the regular employee left me in the department by myself. I had no clue where things were or how to answer the customer's questions. I ran around looking for someone to help me help the customer. So much for customer service. I was expected to cover the adjacent department, too, again without any training or orientation to that department. Supposedly, there are always supposed to be 2 employees working in a department. Most of the time, I worked in the department alone. I left after 2 months, things never got better.

Advice to Management

Offer the new employee some training, or orientation to their department, or at least partner the employee with a co-worker who wants to serve as a mentor. Provide a listing of where things are in the store so that the employee can help the customer.