There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Takes care of their hard working employees with great benefits.

Current Employee - Department Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Department Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Secure job that I feel is headed toward the future of brick and mortar retail business.

Cons

Retail sucks period. It is mentally and emotionally draining to deal with needy and unnecessarily upset people. This is not Lowe's error, this is the nature of the three horned beast.

Separate the work function within lowe's. Dedicate staff just for selling and delivering amazing customer service and that is their only responsibility. Then dedicate other staff for the "tasks" needing to get completed. Down stocking, resetting planograms, cleaning. There is nothing more frustrating than having a timeline to get a task done, but constantly getting pulled by customers. Because customers come first and we should be assisting them all. And them getting an ear full from my boss because the project is not done and customer service is not an excuse. Makes us employees very stressed out and anxious.

reviews filtered by
  1. Simply a black hole of a job....

Former Employee - Department Manager in Yukon, OK
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Yukon, OK

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are no "pros" of working at the black hole that Lowe's is as a company. If you're looking for a company that continues to cut cost at every corner because of direction that they've chosen, then perhaps this is the place for you!

Cons

Hours, schedule, pay, customers, co-workers, management, company direction... It's all garbage. The whole company is set on satisfying the customer. It's to the point that a Lowe's manager will help you walk out with an appliance if you complain enough.

Change everything...

2. So far so good, let see

Current Employee - Asembler in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Asembler in Denver, CO

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Laid back and fun place to work

Cons

none yet lets see if it stays that way

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's