Lowe's

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Not bad

Current Employee - CSA in Knightdale, NC
Current Employee - CSA in Knightdale, NC

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not a bad place to work.Benefits are pretty good even though only part time.

Cons

Hard to get full time position unless you have been there for a while.

Consider employees need more sometimes not just bottom line.

4631 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Bust your hump, no Credit

Current Employee - Paint Sales Associate in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Paint Sales Associate in Reno, NV

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Set rotation schedule so I always know what days I'm off. Decent pay. Advancement opportunities are there.

Cons

Nothing is good enough for these guys. You do one thing like a reset, they tear it down and make you do it all over again. Re-organize top stock completely and don't get anything more than a thank you. If management sees you standing around for 2 minutes, automatically you haven't been doing anything for 10 (to them) and you're in trouble.

Pay attention to how hard your associates really work instead of the ones that are praised for "ass kissing" everyday. If product wasn't on the shelf, then you can't sell it now can you? Appreciate the ones that focus on that kind of thing more often. Forget bonuses and focus on raises, those suck, 20 cents? give me a break! Part time benefits are a joke, they don't cover anything! Vision isn't bad but medical and dental are awful. You have to wait 3 months to even see a dentist to use those dental benefits or else it won't cover the check up, it's in the fine print by the way, for Full Time and Part Time. I didn't know that and have been paying off my dentist bill since. And for the Full Time benefits, I never had any because they were so expensive. I had to have insurance for me any my fiance and the only choices were for yourself or your entire family. Not self and spouse. The cheapest medical plan PER PAYCHECK was $157.00. I said heck no to that.

It's OK!

Current Employee - Credit/SOS Coordinator in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Credit/SOS Coordinator in Salem, NH

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

friendly people, pay is decent, room to learn new area's in store, good oppertunity for job relocation

Cons

senior management, raises are pathetic, drama, hiring interview took 3 hours, asked quite frequently to do tasks was outside job description.

communicate between eachother so not to confuse assoc.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's