There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Best place to work in new retail environment.

Current Employee - Flooring Department Manager in Little Elm, TX
Current Employee - Flooring Department Manager in Little Elm, TX

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lowe's gives me lots of freedom to get my job done. We have great tools for training ourselves and our associates. Customer Service is paramount and you can't go wrong doing what's best for the customer. Bonuses are based on a "Team" concept. Everyone in the store bonuses or no one does.

Cons

Lowe's cut spiffs and commissions in 2012. The incentive for Sales Specialists to excell is gone. Lowe's does not move people around between stores in a district or market as a normal practice. This causes each store to be it's own world and not really an overall team.

Bring back commissions for Sales Specialist only. Move up the pace of implementation for the new computer systems and interfaces. Stress the good Lowe's differences in our ads. Buy more merican made products and source most of the house brand products from american manufacturers.

4349 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Lowes co is ok to work for

Current Employee - Specialist in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Specialist in Flint, MI

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

good pay,good benifits 401 k

Cons

work weekends and nights always

Train emplyees better

Statement: Terrible work environment, terrible management

Former Employee - Cashier in Easton, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Easton, PA

I worked at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

• It was a job. It paid the bills
    • Met a few cool people that were fellow co-workers
    • Employee Discount
    • Can wear jeans and sneakers to work

Cons

• They worked me to the bone. I wanted full-time but they kept me as part-time, giving me 39 hours per week just so that I couldn’t have benefits or vacation.
    • They are open on Easter which is ridiculous. I flat out told my manager that if he scheduled me I wasn’t coming in.
    • Management is not approachable (at least in the Easton PA store). They sigh and give dirty looks when you try to ask anything.
    • As a cashier, I have to call for coverage when I have to use the restroom. A few times, it took them 30+ minutes to send me coverage
    • They made front end cashiers such as myself clean at the end of the night. We got stuck cleaning bathrooms and toilets. GROSS! If I wanted to clean toilets, I would have been a janitor. That wasn’t in my job description.
    • They never let you out on time. They expect you to stay late after you’ve worked 8-9 hours.
    • Discount was only 10% for employees when most companies offer 20%
    • Concrete floor, which hurts your feet when you have to stand at register all day

• Care a little less about making money and more about your employees. You expect employees to be loyal to the company, yet don’t give the same in return.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's