Lowe's
3.3 of 5 2,304 reviews
www.lowes.com Mooresville, NC 5000+ Employees

Working conditions at Lowe's

I have been working at Lowe's

ProsThey work with my schedule to work a second job. I have a wonderful immediate supervisor, her supervisor and store manager.

ConsPart time emplyees do not receive sick pay or the same benefit package as full time. To be full time at Lowe's means you have to be available for every shift on every day so even if you worl full time hours and can't meet their scheduling demands you don't get full time benefits. new hires with less experience are brought in at higher pay rates than people that have worked there for several years. No matter how much vacation time you have you can only take 9 days off at a time including days off. Frequently days off are split and only one week-end a month is allowed off. This place is begging for a union.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like adults. Order enough product to have on the shelves so we can actually help customers instead of telling them we can order it. Have some fexibility in schedules and vacations. Stop paying the CEO such outrageous money.

Age descrimination and the Good Ole Boy policy is alive and well at Lowe's!

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros: 401K, Medical, Dental, v ision care Cons: Age descrimination. After the set up of a new store - "Management" picked 'Team Leaders' for each department WITHOUT advertising them on Lowes.net. … Advice to Senior Management: Shake up the system - do away with the current youth movement. Look at your 'so called' senior employees. We bring a lot… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Run from this company to save yor sanity!

Human Resource Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros: There are none because the company just uses you up and finds reasons to get rid of you. If you are too educated, you… Cons: The hours and the pay are terrible. They tell you a certain amount of hours you will have to work and they… Advice to Senior Management: To be fair in making decisions and not discriminate toward employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Lowe's.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lowe's CEO Robert A. Niblock. All reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees.