Working conditions at Lowe's

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

They work with my schedule to work a second job. I have a wonderful immediate supervisor, her supervisor and store manager.

Cons

Part time emplyees do not receive sick pay or the same benefit package as full time. To be full time at Lowe's means you have to be available for every shift on every day so even if you worl full time hours and can't meet their scheduling demands you don't get full time benefits. new hires with less experience are brought in at higher pay rates than people that have worked there for several years. No matter how much vacation time you have you can only take 9 days off at a time including days off. Frequently days off are split and only one week-end a month is allowed off. This place is begging for a union.

Treat people like adults. Order enough product to have on the shelves so we can actually help customers instead of telling them we can order it. Have some fexibility in schedules and vacations. Stop paying the CEO such outrageous money.

Other Reviews for Lowe's

Age descrimination and the Good Ole Boy policy is alive and well at Lowe's!

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

401K, Medical, Dental, v ision care

Cons

Age descrimination. After the set up of a new store - "Management" picked 'Team Leaders' for each department WITHOUT advertising them on Lowes.net. I have over 8 months at Lowe's, over 30 years in the trade associated with my department, know the computer system, SOS sales, Installs, details, know the Fashion and Rough side of the department, and have completed numerous sales and helped train 3 of the new members in my department for this store. I have been a Work leader, Foreman, and instructor and I retired from my previous job after 35 years. The Department manager is a 1st time manager at 29 years old, the HR is young, the Store Manager is young. The person picked for Team Leader is YOUNG - without no knowledge of the department or trade, has been with Lowe's for 1 month, does not know the computer system and has never completed any SOS sales. When asked why the choice and why I was not given a chance at the position (I was waiting for the position to be posted) I was informed that they were looking at the "long term". I was told they 'respect' and admire my dedication and the fact that I helped train the 3 individuals and hoped that I could see past all this, be a Team Player, and help bring the new Team Leader along!

Shake up the system - do away with the current youth movement. Look at your 'so called' senior employees. We bring a lot of job knowledge to the table. Our dedication and work ethics are strong. Treat them fairly - treat them with respect and it will be returned.

Run from this company to save yor sanity!

Current Employee - Human Resource Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resource Manager

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

There are none because the company just uses you up and finds reasons to get rid of you. If you are too educated, you are too smart for Lowe's. The employees who are dumb seem to get ahead because they are able to get away with treating you unfairly.

Cons

The hours and the pay are terrible. They tell you a certain amount of hours you will have to work and they are more. Senior managers are always stating no overtime and make the employees feel so guilty that they work more than they should.

To be fair in making decisions and not discriminate toward employees who are minority or lack education such as a high school diploma.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!