There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Statement: Terrible work environment, terrible management

Former Employee - Cashier in Easton, PA
Former Employee - Cashier in Easton, PA

I worked at Lowe's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

• It was a job. It paid the bills
• Met a few cool people that were fellow co-workers
• Employee Discount
• Can wear jeans and sneakers to work

Cons

• They worked me to the bone. I wanted full-time but they kept me as part-time, giving me 39 hours per week just so that I couldn’t have benefits or vacation.
• They are open on Easter which is ridiculous. I flat out told my manager that if he scheduled me I wasn’t coming in.
• Management is not approachable (at least in the Easton PA store). They sigh and give dirty looks when you try to ask anything.
• As a cashier, I have to call for coverage when I have to use the restroom. A few times, it took them 30+ minutes to send me coverage
• They made front end cashiers such as myself clean at the end of the night. We got stuck cleaning bathrooms and toilets. GROSS! If I wanted to clean toilets, I would have been a janitor. That wasn’t in my job description.
• They never let you out on time. They expect you to stay late after you’ve worked 8-9 hours.
• Discount was only 10% for employees when most companies offer 20%
• Concrete floor, which hurts your feet when you have to stand at register all day

• Care a little less about making money and more about your employees. You expect employees to be loyal to the company, yet don’t give the same in return.

reviews filtered by

NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

Current Employee - Customer Service III in Lexington, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service III in Lexington, NC

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Generally decent good people shop here, opportunity to meet diverse group of people, gives older applicants a chance to be hired,

Cons

Growth not based on work commitment but how one is friendly with superior, when an employee needs help they run in the other direction, management open to hear only positive, never any instructor learning its all e-learning/testing, employees feel threatened in some positions and will not properly, fully train adequately, all that's expected is not compensated and paid well, when at a register standing for hours its tough on the body.

Get better management skills. You can't have favorites when assigning work/schedules. Do not give your friends the opportunity for growth and leave the ethical hard working people at the bottom. Get a dictionary, look up the word fair and practice it. Train properly.

2. Every store is different

Former Employee - CSA in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - CSA in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Lowe's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the customer interaction.

Cons

The scheduling is by far the worst. Full time employees must have open availability from 4 AM to 11 PM seven days a week.

If there are two employees, one who wants to open, one who wants to close, why not accomodate them both? Why put them both in shifts that don't make them happy, all toher things being equal?

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's