Lowe's

www.lowes.com
  www.lowes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Most upper management was very helpful, but human resources needs to get their priorities straight.

Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Gladstone, MO
Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Gladstone, MO

I worked at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Identified employees who were doing a good job.
Plenty of hours for a summer seasonal employee.
Atmosphere was very friendly most of the time.

Cons

I was told that I had been switched from seasonal employee to part time employee after the summer was over, and I was going to be welcomed back after I returned from school in the winter. (Lived with parents during the summer and away from home for college.) I contacted them during the winter, and the human resources manager said that they had enough employees at the time and I was not needed, but she would let me know if someone called in sick or wanted a day off... No calls were received by me during the month I was back in town. I returned to schedule a meeting about summer employment during my spring break and the HR manager was on vacation. I called her when she got back into town on Thursday, but she was too busy to meet with me for the rest of the week. She asked me to come in on Monday, but I had to go back to school, so I scheduled our meeting for the next Saturday. I drove two and a half hours to meet with her to discuss my summer employment, and all she said when I got there was that I was removed from their employee list because of convenience to them for an accurate head count, and I should reapply online. She could have told me that over the phone when I scheduled the meeting. I was shown that human resources does not value good help or respect the time of current/prospective employees.

I had stopped a thief the summer before and did duties exceeding my job description such as assembling grills and cleaning bathrooms as needed.

Keep track of your good seasonal employees so you have good help each summer. Even if it takes a little bit more paperwork, good, friendly employees generate return customers.

4630 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

OK company for part time work

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great team of coworkers for the most part, a professional retail environment, relatively high starting wage for retail.

Cons

Declining rate of employee benefits, overall the benefits are lacking to begin with. It would be hard to make a career there and support a family.

Fun, good hours, easy work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lafayette, LA

I worked at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is easy to work with and understanding of personal needs like college classes/ second jobs. Customers are generally appreciative and don't just assume they know more than you when it comes to your department.

Cons

HR was very difficult to contact. A few customers were absolutely terrible to work with, but they are very rare, for me it was only 3 bad experiences at work in a year.

HR should be easier to contact in general.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's