Lowe's
3.3 of 5 2,295 reviews
www.lowes.com Mooresville, NC 5000+ Employees

Most upper management was very helpful, but human resources needs to get their priorities straight.

Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee)
Gladstone, MO

I worked at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

ProsIdentified employees who were doing a good job.
Plenty of hours for a summer seasonal employee.
Atmosphere was very friendly most of the time.

ConsI was told that I had been switched from seasonal employee to part time employee after the summer was over, and I was going to be welcomed back after I returned from school in the winter. (Lived with parents during the summer and away from home for college.) I contacted them during the winter, and the human resources manager said that they had enough employees at the time and I was not needed, but she would let me know if someone called in sick or wanted a day off... No calls were received by me during the month I was back in town. I returned to schedule a meeting about summer employment during my spring break and the HR manager was on vacation. I called her when she got back into town on Thursday, but she was too busy to meet with me for the rest of the week. She asked me to come in on Monday, but I had to go back to school, so I scheduled our meeting for the next Saturday. I drove two and a half hours to meet with her to discuss my summer employment, and all she said when I got there was that I was removed from their employee list because of convenience to them for an accurate head count, and I should reapply online. She could have told me that over the phone when I scheduled the meeting. I was shown that human resources does not value good help or respect the time of current/prospective employees.

I had stopped a thief the summer before and did duties exceeding my job description such as assembling grills and cleaning bathrooms as needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep track of your good seasonal employees so you have good help each summer. Even if it takes a little bit more paperwork, good, friendly employees generate return customers.

2nd week on the job and still impressed

Garden Center Employee (Current Employee)
Watertown, NY

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for less than a year

Pros: Training is great compared to other large companies. Expectations are clearly expressed, and communication about major… Cons: A one hour mandatory lunch if your shift is over 6 hours. I come from a non-retail world where lunch and breaks were just… Advice to Senior Management: Im only 2 weeks in and I really do not want to share my million dollar ideas in an anonymous format, but what I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun, good hours, easy work.

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)
Lafayette, LA

I worked at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

Pros: Management is easy to work with and understanding of personal needs like college classes/ second jobs. Customers… Cons: HR was very difficult to contact. A few customers were absolutely terrible to work with, but… Advice to Senior Management: HR should be easier to contact in general. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Lowe's.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lowe's CEO Robert A. Niblock. All reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees.