There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

nice clean place to work but needs better watch over management

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Spring, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Spring, TX

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

nice clean workplace with dedicated coworkers with nice beginning pay

Cons

hard to move up in company ranking

Advice to Management

watch the department managers more closely

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great for advancement.

Current Employee - Department Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lowe's is a team oriented, customer service focused enviornment. There is a lot of room for advancement into Sales Specialist and Department Manager positions for hard workers who are not afraid to put in the time and effort to make their stores better. They have excelent saftie policies, good training, and a great support system. Benifits include ok health care, 4.25% match to 6% 401k, and stock purchase plan at 15% below market.

Cons

Staffing in lower budget stores is not always effictive to provide the amount of customer service that is demanded by the company. Employee motivation can be an issue when the right management team is not in place.

Advice to Management

I would look into shifting some man-power from higher dollar/lower foot traffic stores to lower dollar/higher foot traffic stores in order to service customers better.

2. 2nd week on the job and still impressed

Current Employee - Garden Center Employee in Watertown, NY
    Current Employee - Garden Center Employee in Watertown, NY

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is great compared to other large companies. Expectations are clearly expressed, and communication about major upcoming changes seem to be communicated well in advance giving time for employees to prepare their departments.

Cons

A one hour mandatory lunch if your shift is over 6 hours. I come from a non-retail world where lunch and breaks were just long enough to be refreshing and then get back to work. The lunch is too long however that might be a state law I am unaware of.

Advice to Management

Im only 2 weeks in and I really do not want to share my million dollar ideas in an anonymous format, but what I can tell so far: the colleagues I have seen in leadership roles are doing a great job at fostering growth in their employees, upper management is competent and have a great eye for talented individuals, and they like to see employees work their way up into more challenging roles.