The Best Job I've Had

Current Employee - Seasonal Employee in Kimball, TN
Current Employee - Seasonal Employee in Kimball, TN

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome managers, Awesome co-workers, Awesome Pay. I love my job. Not many people get to say that. I'm really appreciative of this company for letting me become an asset to their company. Anytime I've ever needed kind of help, all I have to do is ask. The managers have no problem taking time out of their schedule to help an associate. I really love that about this company!

Cons

I was hired in as a Seasonal Full Time Cashier. However my hours have been everything but full time. I really do love my job, but I wish I could receive more hours than what I do.

Advice to Management

My advice to management. When new associates are hired on they look at you as the Big-Wigs. A lot of them are nervous of having any dealings with you, due to the fact that you are placed in a high position. My advice to you would be, take more time out to speak with new associates and let them know that they can always come to you for advice, or questions, etc. Get to know them on a personal basis. Just let them know that you aren't as scary as they think you are.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. OK company for part time work

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great team of coworkers for the most part, a professional retail environment, relatively high starting wage for retail.

Cons

Declining rate of employee benefits, overall the benefits are lacking to begin with. It would be hard to make a career there and support a family.

2. A nice place to work, if you don't mind the retail experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was well compensated for what I was doing, retail Customer Service Associate, the hours were flexible, and fellow employees and supervisors always helped create a positive experience.

Cons

Of course, the biggest problem with this job was the typical retail experience. While plenty of customers were forgettable there were of course terrible customers as well, but there is little that Lowe's could do about that.