There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

The Best Job I've Had

Current Employee - Seasonal Employee  in  Kimball, TN
Current Employee - Seasonal Employee in Kimball, TN

I have been working at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome managers, Awesome co-workers, Awesome Pay. I love my job. Not many people get to say that. I'm really appreciative of this company for letting me become an asset to their company. Anytime I've ever needed kind of help, all I have to do is ask. The managers have no problem taking time out of their schedule to help an associate. I really love that about this company!

Cons

I was hired in as a Seasonal Full Time Cashier. However my hours have been everything but full time. I really do love my job, but I wish I could receive more hours than what I do.

My advice to management. When new associates are hired on they look at you as the Big-Wigs. A lot of them are nervous of having any dealings with you, due to the fact that you are placed in a high position. My advice to you would be, take more time out to speak with new associates and let them know that they can always come to you for advice, or questions, etc. Get to know them on a personal basis. Just let them know that you aren't as scary as they think you are.

4102 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Most upper management was very helpful, but human resources needs to get their priorities straight.

Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier  in  Gladstone, MO
    Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Gladstone, MO

I worked at Lowe's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Identified employees who were doing a good job.
    Plenty of hours for a summer seasonal employee.
    Atmosphere was very friendly most of the time.

Cons

I was told that I had been switched from seasonal employee to part time employee after the summer was over, and I was going to be welcomed back after I returned from school in the winter. (Lived with parents during the summer and away from home for college.) I contacted them during the winter, and the human resources manager said that they had enough employees at the time and I was not needed, but she would let me know if someone called in sick or wanted a day off... No calls were received by me during the month I was back in town. I returned to schedule a meeting about summer employment during my spring break and the HR manager was on vacation. I called her when she got back into town on Thursday, but she was too busy to meet with me for the rest of the week. She asked me to come in on Monday, but I had to go back to school, so I scheduled our meeting for the next Saturday. I drove two and a half hours to meet with her to discuss my summer employment, and all she said when I got there was that I was removed from their employee list because of convenience to them for an accurate head count, and I should reapply online. She could have told me that over the phone when I scheduled the meeting. I was shown that human resources does not value good help or respect the time of current/prospective employees.

I had stopped a thief the summer before and did duties exceeding my job description such as assembling grills and cleaning bathrooms as needed.

Keep track of your good seasonal employees so you have good help each summer. Even if it takes a little bit more paperwork, good, friendly employees generate return customers.

seems like one of the best big boxes to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Simi Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

part time benefits, decent wage, clean stores. reasonably flexible, 401k, vertical and horizontal movement, good corporate culture, most associates want to work and move up with the company.

Cons

competitive associates trying to make it to salary.in my 5 years i never went to a product knowledge seminar. management prefers employes that are grunts when it comes to stocking and cleaning far more than a true customer service oriented individual.

adapt merchandise to local preferences. don't promote based on seniority, promote the best person. much more emphasis on product knowledge.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!