There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

The Best Job I've Had

Current Employee - Seasonal Employee in Kimball, TN
Current Employee - Seasonal Employee in Kimball, TN

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome managers, Awesome co-workers, Awesome Pay. I love my job. Not many people get to say that. I'm really appreciative of this company for letting me become an asset to their company. Anytime I've ever needed kind of help, all I have to do is ask. The managers have no problem taking time out of their schedule to help an associate. I really love that about this company!

Cons

I was hired in as a Seasonal Full Time Cashier. However my hours have been everything but full time. I really do love my job, but I wish I could receive more hours than what I do.

My advice to management. When new associates are hired on they look at you as the Big-Wigs. A lot of them are nervous of having any dealings with you, due to the fact that you are placed in a high position. My advice to you would be, take more time out to speak with new associates and let them know that they can always come to you for advice, or questions, etc. Get to know them on a personal basis. Just let them know that you aren't as scary as they think you are.

reviews filtered by
  1. OK company for part time work

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great team of coworkers for the most part, a professional retail environment, relatively high starting wage for retail.

Cons

Declining rate of employee benefits, overall the benefits are lacking to begin with. It would be hard to make a career there and support a family.

2. seems like one of the best big boxes to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service in Simi Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

part time benefits, decent wage, clean stores. reasonably flexible, 401k, vertical and horizontal movement, good corporate culture, most associates want to work and move up with the company.

Cons

competitive associates trying to make it to salary.in my 5 years i never went to a product knowledge seminar. management prefers employes that are grunts when it comes to stocking and cleaning far more than a true customer service oriented individual.

adapt merchandise to local preferences. don't promote based on seniority, promote the best person. much more emphasis on product knowledge.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's