There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Nice Place - Friendly People

I have been working at Lowe's full-time

Pros

Nice place to work. Friendly staff. Great benefits for full-time retail sales associates.

Cons

as a kitchen designer, I'm expected to cover for other departments (appliances, plumbing, etc.). Shifts are varied and designers are expected to work shifts that range from 8 - 5 to 1 - 10. I've worked as many as eight days in a row, seven days in a row, etc. This makes for poor work/life balance and near impossible to plan in advance doctors and dentists appointments.

4293 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Good Job

Current Employee - Cashier in Orchard Park, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier in Orchard Park, NY

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Starting pay for a cashier is higher than I've seen in most cashier positions. Quarterly bonus as long as the store reaches its goals.

Cons

A lot of training on the computers the whole first week

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard you can get ahead. Pay and benefits were better than most for retail. Teamwork is highly encouraged and generally the store had a positive atmosphere to it. The day would go by quickly as there is always something to do. You get plenty of exercise from all the walking and stocking of shelves so you have no need of a gym membership. (LOL)

Cons

Retail hours makes it hard to have a normal social life. At times you have to be able to able to work in a fast paced environment and try to keep multiple customers happy at the same time.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's