Lowe's
3.3 of 5 2,304 reviews
www.lowes.com Mooresville, NC 5000+ Employees

Fast paced but can be a very rewarding place to work.

Department Manager (Current Employee)
Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLowe's is a good company to work for because if you do your job there is always opportunity to move upward in the company.

ConsYou will always be asked to do things outside of your basic job description, if you want to work for Lowe's you just have to accept the fact that you are going to have to cross train in all of your surrounding departments and be able to multi talk well in order to be successfull in the long term with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better avenue for employees to give feedback to the corporate office. The big focus of this would be on planagram issues and other merchandise types of concerns that don't always seem to be implemented in the most efficient way from the corporate level. If local stores had a little more flexablity in this area they could taylor the layout and merchandising in their stores more to local demand.

Great Working Atmosphere, and Great Co-Workers

Customer Service Associate I (Former Employee)
Brewer, ME

I worked at Lowe's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good pay, flexible hours, great benefits, many job opportunities, understanding managers,… Cons: difficult customers at times, inconsistent scheduling, not as many raises as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Department manager

Department Manager (Current Employee)
Tullahoma, TN

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great work environment, they hire for excellence so co-workers are… Cons: working 3 out of every 4 weekends if you are… Advice to Senior Management: continue doing what you are doing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Lowe's.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lowe's CEO Robert A. Niblock. All reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees.